Set volume of track for selected master

How to use Voicemeeter Remote API and control Voicemeeter Audio Engine
Jordanr

Set volume of track for selected master

Post by Jordanr »

So I've recently discovered that I can hit the "SEL" button on the right side for a given master output and then change the track volume of any of my inputs for that specific output which is great for streaming since I can now have my music or other sounds be loud enough for stream and turn them way down or mute them for my headset

I'm working on building a physical control board that can communicate to the API to control gains and mutes and such and I'm trying to figure out how to work with these master outputs when it comes to changing track gain

Is there an API for the selecting of a master output or is there a parameter that can be passed along with the gain parameter to specify not only the track but also the master output?

Currently, I don't have a stack setup but I'm looking at working with this package for node.js and I'll build around that

https://www.npmjs.com/package/voicemeeter-remote

This package doesn't have everything from what I understand but I figure I can fork it and easily start adding what I need but reading the API docs which seem a little sparse unless I'm missing something, it's hard to understand if there is a way via the API that this can be done currently
Jordanr

Re: Set volume of track for selected master

Post by Jordanr »

Right now it looks like there is infact a way to select a bus, so I would assume that currently I would need to select the bus and then us the normal gain set parameter function?

However, I also see under the input parameter names `Strip.GainLayer[j]` which seems like maybe would also do this for me? As the 'remark' says "Gain slider for a bus"

Am I on track here?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, Strip.GainLayer[j] = dB value allows to set a gain of a strip for a given BUS without having to select a SEL button before.
(maybe there is a display refresh bug, because we fixed something like this recently)..
Jordanr

Post by Jordanr »

Awesome, I will start messing around with this in my project