Supported VBAN Commands

VB-Audio Network Protocol and applications
Drac346

Supported VBAN Commands

Post by Drac346 »

Hello Everyone,

Can I get some clarification on what commands are supported for VBAN when remote controlling another instance of Voicemeter?

I was trying to either issue a Global Hotkey command or a MacroButton command over VBAN to another instance of Voicemeter but it appears that I can only control the remote Voicemeter service. Does VBAN currently support the ability to issue KeyPress or Button(x).State on a remote system?

Here's an example of a command that I'm using:
SendText("vban1",Button(0).State=1;Strip(0).mute+=1;System.KeyPress("SHIFT+F1"))
  • Strip(0).mute+=1 works perfectly by cycling the mute state of Strip(0) on the remote instance (confirming that SendText is working)

Button(0).State=1 does not press the macrobutton on the remote system, but it does show up on the VBAN Network Configuration as a received command

SystemKeyPress("SHIFT+F1") does not seem to perform the keypress on the remote system, but it does show up on the VBAN Network Configuration as a received command

Everything works perfectly for my local instance of Voicemeter when using the Macro Buttons, but I wanted to create a macro button that could remotely tell another instance of Voicemeter to either perform a keypress or a macro button press on the remote computer. The goal is to perform remote Key Presses on another computer while using a wireless tablet with Macrobuttons (like controlling OBS layouts with Global Hotkeys controlled by Voicemeter along with all the custom voicemeter strip/bus configurations in the same macrobutton).

Thank you in advance for your response!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Supported VBAN Commands

Post by Vincent Burel »

no, VBAN-TEXT command are for Voicemeeter Only
MacroButtons system or button functions are processed by the MacroButton application.

the workaround is to program the button on the target MacroButton app
and send a VBAN-MIDI message to remote it.
Drac346

Post by Drac346 »

Vincent,

It makes sense now that I've gone back and reread the manual.

Do you have an example command for remoting a button through a VBAN-MIDI message? I don't see anything in the manual that shows what this syntax would look like. Page 46 shows the structure for RAW DATA commands, but the examples listed do not provide enough detail for me to figure out how to structure the RAW DATA to remote a MacroButton button. If you could provide an example for remoting a button press of Logical ID 0, then I think I might be able to figure out the rest.
Drac346

Post by Drac346 »

I figured it out this morning. I don't know if I'm doing it right but here's what I did in case others want to do it was well.
I'm assuming that the VBAN Configuration (in Macrobutton's) is correctly configured and it is enabled within VoiceMeter's VBAN (this is not a step in the manual).

PC1 - Sending PC
Configure a Macrobutton with the following command
"Request for Button ON..." = System.SendMidi("vban1","data",90,00) #I am using 00 to match the button ID on the Receiving PC
Save and close the button configuration window

PC2 - Receiving PC
Configure a Macrobutton with whatever command you want, I'll use a keypress for this example
Set the Button Type to "2 Positions" #I could not get this to work as a 'push button'
Request for Button ON... = System.KeyPress("F1") #your command here
Reqeust for Button OFF... = #use the same command as Button ON, or whatever you want
Check the "Learn (From MIDI mapping device)" checkbox #do not close the button configuration window until after the next step
On PC1, Click the macrobutton that was configured up above, you should now see it on PC2 right under the 'learn' checkbox #The example above creates a "#1 Note On C-2 (0)" list within the MIDI Implementation learned command
Save and close the button configuration window