VBAN Receptor (Lite) Not Receiving after iOS update

VB-Audio Network Protocol and applications
Cappy

VBAN Receptor (Lite) Not Receiving after iOS update

Post by Cappy »

Hi, I've been using VBAN in VM Banana and then VM Potato for a couple years now it's really been super useful for letting me listen to my pc audio from anywhere in my home.

However, when I updated to iOS 14 (and it's continuing in 14.1) the phone is acting as though it cannot see the broadcast stream. It's acting similar to if I had turned VBAN off on the computer or didn't have wi-fi active on the phone, and not connecting to the stream. I've double checked the ip and port to make sure everything still lines up. One thing I noticed, if I turn off wifi and turn it back on, it "sees" the stream for a moment but doesn't broadcast it. They did add randomized "private addresses" on the iphone for different wi-fi networks, but I disabled that feature and made sure the ip's are correct and the phone still doesn't want to connect.

I'm not sure if there's anything I can do on my end, it was working just fine before the update and now I can't get it to work no matter what I do. I'd appreciate any assistance!

Below are screenshots of the settings I have for VBAN Receptor on my phone and VBAN in VM Potato on my pc.
VBANReceptor1.jpg
VBANReceptor1.jpg (50.08 KiB) Viewed 7233 times
VBANReceptor2.jpg
VBANReceptor2.jpg (31.01 KiB) Viewed 7233 times
VBANBroadcast.jpg
VBANBroadcast.jpg (118.13 KiB) Viewed 7233 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VBAN Receptor (Lite) Not Receiving after iOS update

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, iOS 14 blocked something regarding network.
the app must ask for permission... we are working on...
Cappy

Post by Cappy »

Okay, thanks for the update!
HoustonGuyNW

Post by HoustonGuyNW »

Similar issues here with VBAN Receptor (not the Lite version). Is there a work around to give the permissions?

APPLE seems to just do stuff with no regard to everything else attached to them. I just have to rework my network to accommodate their MAC randomizing BS.