VBAN-Spot new version?

VB-Audio Network Protocol and applications
Symo

VBAN-Spot new version?

Post by Symo »

I've noticed some talk about VBAN-Spot, but mainly about 2 years ago.

I too would love to be able to either select specific IP, or somehow limit the range. It seems that Spot will honor the beginning of the range, but on each reload, always sets the end of the range to 250.

For my specific need, I love being able to use Spot, rather than doing a full install of Banana or Potato.

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm a HUGE fan of Voicemeeter and VBAN!!

Thanks,
Jon
Symo

Re: VBAN-Spot new version?

Post by Symo »

After doing a little more messing around with VBAN-Spot, and the default settings file (C:\Users\[user]\Documents\VPANSpot\VBANSpotDefault.xml) I've noticed that if I update the IPrangeEnd, it does not seem to be read or honored on program load, and gets set to 250. Even further interesting behavior is that whenever we change the IP range causing the Network Engine to restart, the range is properly written to the default config file at that moment. At the time of program exit, whatever the IP range is currently set at will also be saved to the config file correctly. However, on load the end range is set back to X.X.X.250 and if you exit the program now, the end range will be saved as v4='250'.

Saving the configuration to a custom settings file, doesn't seem to produce the desire or expected result either. After program start, if you select the custom configuration file, the settings are read in, but the current IP range does not change, even stopping and starting the Network Engine does not seem to change the IP range. When loading the custom config, it does appear that the "Audio Settings" are loaded properly, and are then subsequently saved properly to the default config on exit. So all problems seem to be tied to the IP range.

Vincent, is there any chance on a simple quick patch to allow the IP range settings to work on program start? This would be a huge help as it would allow the program to start with the OS, and not require the range modification after its running.

Or maybe a release of the source for Spot, allowing us to make the fix?
Thanks again for the incredible work on all the VB-Audio programs!!!!! Truly Amazing!

Thanks,
Jon