VBAN Chat Call Button

VB-Audio Network Protocol and applications
ChuckThePlant

VBAN Chat Call Button

Post by ChuckThePlant »

Hello there,

I played a Little bit with the VBAN chat around and i was wondering of it would useful for anyone to have a call function. So one is able to get someones attention at the other side to the chat.

Useful in a stage scenery where the FOH has to comunicate to the Stage and the person on stage doesn‘t always have its headset on.

If the Call button is pressed, a (resizeable) window appears at the other side and shows flickering colors or something like that, to draw the attention.

Because and sorry i am asking this, what is the Idea behind the Chat? What is the indended scenery where it should be used? Because i like it very much!

Thanks
Chuck
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VBAN Chat Call Button

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for your feedback about this new feature.

VBAN-CHAT comes naturally with the PING (identification process) to mainly provide:
- a fast way to show/identify connected VBAN units around
- a non-audio communication channel (for example to help to configure VBAN).

For the moment we made a kind of Minimal implementation, but we could add feature according user suggestions...

a "Nudge" button (like on old MSN Messenger) could be added to do something like this... but maybe we have first to give the ability to select the connected unit you want to target... will think about...
ChuckThePlant

Re: VBAN Chat Call Button

Post by ChuckThePlant »

I remember this from MSN. Even when i was more the icq user back then. If there will be a nudge Button, it would be nice to be able to Call via macrobuttons and to Call a selectable Person/group/all aswell. I am not shure how the visual feedback to draw someones attention could apear, to reach maximum effect when Someone is not looking. Maybe a little resizeable window with flickering will do fine. Like the Little lamps on intercoms on stage. They are small but bright when they flicker. Would Love to See this feature.

All the best
Chuck