VBAN Spot Manual?

VB-Audio Network Protocol and applications
Gwydion

VBAN Spot Manual?

Post by Gwydion »

I know it should be pretty straightforward, but is there a manual anywhere on VBAN spot? I'm considering using it but I have a few questions like the following:

In settings, network address, there is a tickmark for "use ip address range". Is there a way to uncheck it and set the ranges manually? Given there is a checkbox I would think so but can't seem to figure out how.

Audio Sources: Not exactly clear what this does. Is the "input device" intended to be what I'm streaming? so if I select Voicemeeter VAIO, I'm streaming anything going to B1 in VMB?

What is the difference between selection and input device and VBAN stream? Would the VBAN stream be one of the stream I'm outputting in VMB?

What are the routing numbers for? Its only a 1 or 2 so is that just stereo or mono? Also, the format for the input devices and output seem locked at 44100 even though I have everything set at 48000 in VMB. Even if I change the preferred sample rate in VBAN spot to 48000, it doesn't change the input/output device format.

Sorry for the questions. Maybe if you can point me to a manual I can just find the answers there? I'm also not clear if this works to stream solely to mobile devices of if it works to PC's as well.

Thanks!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VBAN Spot Manual?

Post by Vincent Burel »

VBAN-SPOT is very limited today (it's a prototype version) but i note your requset for next update.

for the moment you can define only an IP-ADDRESS RANGE
yes AUDIO SOURCE is coming from audio recording device like microphone/line in or virtual audio device like Voicemeeter output.
you can also use audio source coming from a VBAN STREAM.

VBAN-SPOT is limited to send Stereo Stream, 44100 Hz, 16 Bits... but will provide other format in next version (sepecially lower format: 24 kHz Mono 10 bits can be very interesting for conference for example).
Gwydion

Re: VBAN Spot Manual?

Post by Gwydion »

Got it. Thanks!