Voicemeeter Banana Crashes Continuously

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
digitus

Voicemeeter Banana Crashes Continuously

Post by digitus »

Hello,

I've recently started using voicemeeter banana with my AudioTechnica ATR 2500 USB Microphone.

I love the features and would like to continue using the application, but when it crashes it hangs the program, doesn't produce an error log, and makes me force shutdown the program and reboot it manually. It used to happen consistently (like once every 5 minutes) but now it happens about once an hour or so since I've researched setting via your documentation and youtube videos. I still cannot seem to run it reliable and the auto reboot for the audio drivers seems to fail.

I'm running on Windows 7 SP1, fully updated.

Here's all my system settings

ImageImage[/url[url=https://ibb.co/e9WtpH]Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
]
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Voicemeeter Banana Crashes Continuously

Post by Vincent Burel »

what do you mean by "when it crashes" ? Voicemeeter is not expecte to crash , what is the event producing this crash ?

WDM Speaker Realtek shoud work 24/7 ...
you may disable the option "*Auto restart audio engine".

could you please show your Voicemeeter system settings dialog box?
digitus

Post by digitus »

here's my system settings dialog box

The event producing the crash was rather uncertain. It seems as though the issues has not been occurring since I went through a few tutorials and adjusted my settings.

But originally I was using MME, and setting my output to MME.

Sometimes the issue would happen more often when I ran OBS, or when I connected to Discord.

Also, there was a period prior to my change to WDM and muting all unused channels, that I couldn't even listen to music with a crash every 2-3 minutes. I'm wondering if maybe it was an issue with my drivers or motherboard.
digitus

Post by digitus »

Just an update, the crashes are continuing to occur, but they happen during elongated sessions, 3-4 hours of time pass if not more, then it appears the USB Microphone disconnects, reconnects, and the audio engine is no longer working completely. As soon as I reboot the engine the program continues to work, but the Auto Reboot Audio Engine is either not working, or not detecting the issue. This is still a bit of an issue to me, as I can be recording or streaming on my computer, and the microphone will cut out, but not the audio from the PC, so I will not notice any changes until no one has responded to me for a while, or I check the gain from VM Banana.

Thank you!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

"Auto restart Audio Engine" works only with output A1 device.
if you microphone is not stable with WDM, you may try another interface (KS or MME).
digitus

Post by digitus »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see if some other settings can help fix it.

It also appears not to be launching at startup, which means I may have to re-install.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

digitus wrote:It also appears not to be launching at startup, which means I may have to re-install.
no, just click on menu -> System Tray twice maybe .
brickviking

Post by brickviking »

One other setting I'll add to what Vincent said, you could also select "Show app on startup". That way, you can toggle the system tray state from the application without having to kill it from the Process Explorer and restart it. Then minimise it to the tray once you see the icon in the systemtray. I thought it was just Vista being dumb with icons, but it seems that other versions of Windows are prone to it too.

(Post 31)