Voicemeeter or Audio problem after WIN10/11 update (JUN 2023)

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
DaKingof

Re: Voicemeeter or Audio problem after WIN10 update

Post by DaKingof »

I'm having the same exact errors now. Only happened a couple days ago. Did you get it fixed? I don't even see an option for ks drivers anymore.
emgotcha77 wrote:Hello everyone.

I already wrote some stuff about my April-Update problems on twitter.

Here again the whole story:

For all my inputs in Voicemeeter Banana i see an error message in "System settings / Options":
- for WDM: Failed to Open Input Device: pAudioClient->Initialize return error -2147024891 (0x80070005)
- for MME: Failed to Open Input Device: Function waveInOpen failed: Undefined external error.

KS inputs work, for some unknown reason :?:

Outputs work, whatever mode i use.

I tried step 1-6 + restart, already, mutliple times.

What really puzzles me is that KS-inputs seem to work and all outputs are ok too...

Any log files i can attach / send you? I searched a little bit in C: but couldn't find anything that looks like a VB*.log .

Oh, installed version is 2.0.4.0.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

you may check if the device is enabled and allowed in your "Privacy Settings" for Microphone...
Otherwise de-install Voicemeeter and VB-CABLE's, REBOOT and check that all your regular device work correct.
Then re-install last version (2.0.4.1) and re-select audio device in Voicemeeter.
kiingy

Post by kiingy »

Hello!

Having a strange issue after updating to W10 1809.

I use all 3 cables.

At first after updating none of them were working, checking the virtual IO control panel the input was set to 2 channel, 44100hz, 24 bit and output set to 1 channel, 8000hz, 24 bits. Setting A and B to inputs and outputs that were the same fixed them but I can't set the VB-Audio Virtual Cable (white one) output back to 44100hz.

http://puu.sh/BG2xt/dd8c29ffd8.png
I've tried uninstall / reinstalling, still not able to change output.

Any ideas?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

audio pin format can be unexpected if not connected to an application.

But you may re-read the first post of this topic, to follow our new step (displayed in RED)
it seems WIN10 is bringing some chaos in audio device management.
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

kiingy wrote:Hello!

Having a strange issue after updating to W10 1809.

I use all 3 cables.

At first after updating none of them were working, checking the virtual IO control panel the input was set to 2 channel, 44100hz, 24 bit and output set to 1 channel, 8000hz, 24 bits. Setting A and B to inputs and outputs that were the same fixed them but I can't set the VB-Audio Virtual Cable (white one) output back to 44100hz.

http://puu.sh/BG2xt/dd8c29ffd8.png
I've tried uninstall / reinstalling, still not able to change output.

Any ideas?
I had the same issues after updating to 1809, 17763.1. I uninstalled all VAC's and VMB then rebooted. Install VAC, reboot; install VAC A, reboot; install VAC B, reboot; Open each VAC application control panel, set sampling rate and max latency, reboot; Open each VAC in Windows sound control panel playback and recording > advanced tabs, set default format, reboot; Install VMB, set preferred main sampling rate
kiingy

Post by kiingy »

So I was finally able to change the output to match the input but I still can't get voice meeter banana to pick it up with the WDM or MME drivers, the only one that works is KS.

Tried to reinstall many times. Not sure what else to do.

Cables A & B are still working fine, voice meeter picks them up with any driver.
RobertVO

Post by RobertVO »

Running [LATEST] Voicemeeter Potato Preliminary 3.0.0.4 on Win 10 and working solid now! Uninstalled previous as well as Virtual Cable and rebooted. Installed latest Potato first then the Virtual cable rebooted and set up back up and it's working great!

Cheers
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for your feedback.
thedoctor

Post by thedoctor »

From my experience, it is best to uninstall VoiceMeeter and Virtual Audio Cable before installing the twice yearly major Windows 10 upgrades. Do the Windows 10 upgrade. Then reinstall VoiceMeeter and VAC.
darkman1984

Post by darkman1984 »

And again.

Description:
While playing WoW (not yet tested with other Games) and the current version 2.0.4.4 of Voicemeeter Banana i got a complete Soundcrash and Windows 10 begins to start laggin until i press the holy reset button. After the Reboot the Sounddriver is still there but no sound will be played. I have to reinstall the Sound driver (in my case Realtek HD Audio) and voicemeeter. Same procedure until the next crash happens. Is there any method to log that crash or better see why this crash happens? In the Eventdisplay of windows 10 is nothing to see.

Currently i produce some hate about microsoft and windows 10 with the update policy.