Features Request :)

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
iLbsLi

Features Request :)

Post by iLbsLi »

Hi,

I've been using Voicemeeter Banana and Macro buttons for quite a while, I've made big progress learning and incorporating a lot of what I've learned into creating the best gaming audio experience I possibly had. It's absolutely remarkable, That said I still have some issues I'd love you to have a look at, I'm going to list a few that I can remember at the moment and might add more later.

Voicemeeter Banana:
*Startup script: I made a reset key with a program that'll reset audio and set some led lights on my midi, every time I start voice meeter I just have to press that key to get everything light up correctly, It would be nice if there was an editable startup script where it runs on start up.
*Window resize: I'd love to be able to resize the window to fit in certain part of the screen.
*Click sounds: I could use some click sound pressing on some element of the window with the ability choose the click sounds, to that would be cool, I'm currently doing that by playing audio files in the recorder, the downside of that is that sometimes it gets conflicted, like for example, I have a key on the keyboard to start recording, when I click it it loads an audio file, plays it, and that's How I know the recorder started recording with out looking at voicemeeter, but it have to use the same tape to record so it gets a little bit confused.
Secondary Recorder: Adding another recorder/player would help immensely as I can't do a lot of what I do if the recorder was busy recording.

Macro Buttons:
*Release on End: I took a section of my midi to make a soundboard, every time I press the key it plays an audio file, but I have to press the key again to release the button, so it would be very nice if there was an option to auto release a key once that audio playback was over.
*The (`) key: Mainly used for push to talk in most gaming/audio communication software, yet it's not on the key list, please add it.
*Keys size: I use the whole 80 keys, in fact I could use more keys, but I'll get into that later, when I expand the windows to view all 80 keys it gets a little bit too big, so having the ability to reduce or expand would be greatly appreciated.
*Multi pages: for those who need more clicks more pages would make our life better, just add a layer of buttons on the top with a set of pages buttons. with the ability to rename them. for example: Soundboard, Scripts, Apps, Effects, etc.
*Picture buttons: you know where that is going, make it happen please :)
*Rearrange: I'm sure every one would like an easy way to rearrange buttons instead of having to recreate them all over, a drag and drop would really make my life easier, so could we have that?

Thanks for reading and I hope you like my input. and Please like, thumbs up, +1 or any thing that goes here in this forum to have these features considered.

Cheers,
Basel
brickviking

Re: Features Request :)

Post by brickviking »

At least for your Startup Script request, each 'button' in the MacroButtons layout has a "Request For Initial State" section. Your startup code could (depending on the code) go into these sections for your buttons. At least for VoicemeeterBanana, the PDF describes how to set that in the Macro Buttons section (pp26-38).

As for editing, I very carefully use a text editor on the XML file. It's definitely tricky, and you really have to keep track of which button does what. I've done that, but I don't have all 80 slots used like you.

(Post 42)
iLbsLi

Post by iLbsLi »

You know I never really understood the initial state until you mentioned it :p , thanks, the editing of the xml file I know that but it's really tedious work, especially for 80 keys :D
iLbsLi

Post by iLbsLi »

I fixed all my initial stats thanks to you :)

Now let's have some more people involved in this post ;)
brickviking wrote:At least for your Startup Script request, each 'button' in the MacroButtons layout has a "Request For Initial State" section. Your startup code could (depending on the code) go into these sections for your buttons. At least for VoicemeeterBanana, the PDF describes how to set that in the Macro Buttons section (pp26-38).

As for editing, I very carefully use a text editor on the XML file. It's definitely tricky, and you really have to keep track of which button does what. I've done that, but I don't have all 80 slots used like you.

(Post 42)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for your request list,

*Window resize: not planned for this product series.
*Click sounds: question of organization i guess...
Secondary Recorder: you can use the MT32-SPLite as secondary multitrack recorder.

Macro Buttons:
*Release on End: not planned forthe moment, set the button in PUSH mode (instead of 2 positions).
*The (`) key: i note it.

*Keys size: not planed with this product for the moment.
*Multi pages: not planed with this product for the moment.
*Picture buttons: not planed with this product for the moment.
*Rearrange: not planed with this product for the moment
(but all these features are planned in another project of universal remote app... will see)
iLbsLi

Post by iLbsLi »

Dear Vincent,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this :D

Can't wait to put my hands on the Remote App you're working on, I'm sure it's going to be amazing, but for the mean time I would really appreciate it if you considered the "Release on End" feature, it'll make our life way much easier, the push mode wouldn't work for me, because of the long playback time.

much appreciated
Basel

Vincent Burel wrote:thanks for your request list,

Secondary Recorder: you can use the MT32-SPLite as secondary multitrack recorder.

Macro Buttons:
*Release on End: not planned forthe moment, set the button in PUSH mode (instead of 2 positions).

(but all these features are planned in another project of universal remote app... will see)
iLbsLi

Post by iLbsLi »

Hey,

Any progress on your remote app? I was hoping it would be a complex app replacement for Macro.Buttons, Something that could replace Elgato's Stream deck, I'm using a 22 inch touch screen monitor and though it would work perfectly :!: , Let me know if you're going in that route otherwise I'm just gonna have to buy the new Stream Deck XL ;)
Vincent Burel wrote:thanks for your request list,

Macro Buttons:

iLbsLi

Post by iLbsLi »

Yes, No, Maybe?! :roll: 8-)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

sorry, i'm not on it for the moment...