Can't choose ASIO as a hardware out - M-Audio MTrack 2x2 (windows 10)

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
sparkyidr

Can't choose ASIO as a hardware out - M-Audio MTrack 2x2 (windows 10)

Post by sparkyidr »

Hi there.

I've been using Voicemeter (Banana) as a way to work collaboratively over the web, using Cubase and skype/google hangouts.
But I have run into a slight issue (not a massive one, but would just like to check I am not missing anything obvious)

I have HW input 1 set to the line in for my mic, and I route that to B1
I have VAIO1 (Voicemeter VAIO) as my main pc sound for applications I set to output to it (so Cubase, media player, chrome etc) and have that routed to A1 and B1
I have VAIO2 (Voicemeter Aux) set to be the skypr of hangout autput, routed to A2.
So basically, I hear A1 and A2, and the person at the other end, just hears B1 (A mix of my pc sound and my mic)

When I go to set the outputs for A1 and A2 though, If I select "ASIO : MAUDIO Mtrack 2X2) << i.e. my devices main asio driver...I get no output.
I have to select KS, or WDM drivers for those outputs to make it work.

So it works fine, but I'm wondering if I am getting the best performance (cubase latency, asio performance etc) by not being able to chose the maudio's asio driver as an output.......or does it not really matter?

have attached a screenshot of my current mixer frontend if my writing above doesn't make sense.

Cheers

Mark.
Attachments
A shot of my current mixer
A shot of my current mixer
MyVM-audio-settings.jpg (193.74 KiB) Viewed 16842 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Can't choose ASIO as a hardware out - M-Audio MTrack 2x2 (windows 10)

Post by Vincent Burel »

should be better to select the M-Audio ASIO driver as output A1 device (and use ASIO patch to dispatch ASIO channel in Voicemeter)

it does not appear in the list ? maybe the 32bit ASIO interface is not installed ?
sparkyidr

Post by sparkyidr »

I can select it.....it's just that when I do, I get no audio.
I know the driver is working, as when I don't use voicemeter, and just select the m-audio as an output (in my DAW or Windows for example), it works fine.

I just get silence if I select it in voicemeter as a hardware output.

I'm also running the latest driver for it (1.0.12)

:(
sparkyidr

Post by sparkyidr »

Was playing around with this the other day again.
Have uninstalled banana, and all my m-audio drivers and started again.

Unfortunately, once all is re-installed, I get the same issue. (If I choose the maudio asio as my A1, I get no sound output)
but.. I also noticed, that when I do choose that as my A1 output, my line in .. i.e. my mic, also stops sending input to banana.

If I go to my windows audio properties whilst an mp3 (or anything) is playing, but sending no sound to banana, the windows properties show that Voicmeteer input has sound going to it....but voicemeter doesn't show anything.

weird?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

if you select your M-Audio device as ASIO driver for Voicemeeter Output A1 ...
then you must unselect all MME, Ks, WDM audio interface in Voicemeeter refering tot he same M-Audio device. otherwise you may get audio conflict (as far as i see, you M-Audio device is also selected as input #1 and output A2 - it should be not).
sparkyidr

Post by sparkyidr »

even when I do that, I still get no audio out of banana :(

banana2.jpg
banana2.jpg (242.84 KiB) Viewed 16684 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

no other application is using the M-AUDIO device ?
where is connected your DAW app behind ? on Voicemeeter virtual ASIO or on your ASIO device ?
sparkyidr

Post by sparkyidr »

Hi Vincent.
Yes, in the case above, Cubase was my only audio app running (and had it's output set to voicemeter virtual asio)

But I get the same results when just trying to play an mp3 in media player for example too....or a youtube video. Basically anything.

I can get sound if I set 'A1' to MME, Ks, or WDM....just silence when I choose the m-audio's asio.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

This is very strange, did you open your M-AUDIO specific app to check their mixer/vu-meters and possible route/mute option of the board ?
we have M-Audio Delta ASIO board running everyday with Voicemeeter here and we have no problem... are you sure your ASIO driver is not used by another app ?
sparkyidr

Post by sparkyidr »

yes.. seems very odd.
I "think" it was working correctly in a previous version of the m-audio driver....I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was fine before I updated to their latest one. (but I can't be 100% sure I had the asio chosen on A1 back then....I think I would have...but....)

As for their control panel.. it's very barebones, just a buffer slider, and a monitor to show if it's "streaming" audio or not.
M-audio's control pana
M-audio's control pana
maudio-control.jpg (48.44 KiB) Viewed 16649 times
As far as I can tell (unless something weird is running in the background that I don't know about) I don't have anything running that could be stealing the audio device.

Like I say, I can use the m-audio asio as a device in cubase (or windows etc) without voicemeter, and it seems to be working fine. Just when I try to route via VM, it thinks there is no sound :( .. if I go into windows sound properties when VM is being slient on me, the 'volume test' meter in there shows audio is on the voicemeter input.. it just never arrives at banana for some reason.