Activation

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
thedoctor

Activation

Post by thedoctor »

I am unclear about activating VM. If you register the product by donating, how do you activate it? I really don’t see an option in the UI to do that. What happens if you uninstall VM? Will the new installation on the same PC accept the old activation; or, do you have to donate again? What if you transfer to a new computer (and remove from the old computer)? Will the program on the new computer accept the activation used on the old computer?

Thank you.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Activation

Post by Vincent Burel »

only Voicemeeter Potato requires an activation code.
thedoctor

Post by thedoctor »

I didn’t see anywhere in Potato to register.

Where do you register it in the UI?

Will the registration transfer to a new installation (after proper deinstallation) on the same PC?

Will the registration transfer to a new PC if you uninstall it on the old PC?
JBP

Post by JBP »

thedoctor wrote:I didn’t see anywhere in Potato to register.

Where do you register it in the UI?
-> Menu -> About !
thedoctor

Post by thedoctor »

Sorry, I already looked there. I didn’t see anywhere on that screen to enter anything. I’m not trying to be snarky or anything. I just don’t see it.

Also could you please expound on the uninstalling the product and installing again on the same PC or on a different PC if the activation previously purchased will work in those cases?

Thank you...
JBP

Post by JBP »

You should see this window when you click Menu -> About…

If this does not pop up on your side, then something went wrong.

What happens when you click Menu -> About…?
Nothing?

Try to deinstall -> reboot -> reinstall -> reboot!

Keep in mind that Potato has not been released yet, it is still release candidate version (3.0.0.5).

For concrete information about registration process we have to wait for Vincent Burel to answer specific registration details.
Normally challenge and response code is dependant on hardware ID and registered e-mail.
I guess if you use a new computer in the future, you can write an e-mail to deactivate your old key code (blacklisted in the future) and you will get a new response code for the new hardware ID (challenge code).