Help request with MIDI map programming Voicemeeter w/ Novation Launch Control

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
tcookejr

Help request with MIDI map programming Voicemeeter w/ Novation Launch Control

Post by tcookejr »

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone might assist me in controlling (turning on and off) the bottom row of button lights on my Novation Launch Control while using Voicemeeter Banana. Despite my efforts to turn these lights on and off when pressed, I am stuck. Please note, I have very little experience with programming. Here's what I've done thus far:

I am able to create a Macro button, and have inputted the following commands in the "Request for Button ON/Trigger IN" and "Request for Button OFF/Trigger OUT" fields, respectively:

System.Sendmidi("out1", "noteon", 1, 42, 1)

System.Sendmidi("out1", "noteoff", 1, 42, 0)

According to the Voicemeeter Guide, the last three values correspond to channel, note/CC, value. I've referenced the Novation Launch Control Editor to reveal button and knob values.

As far as I can tell, my input is accurate but I am obviously missing something smaller or more fundamental.

It's really important to me that I figure this out, so I thoroughly appreciate your time and assistance.
peden

Re: Help request with MIDI map programming Voicemeeter w/ Novation Launch Control

Post by peden »

Hi there.

Take a look at my old config for the launchcontrol XL when i used VM Banana. I used the same command, but instead of noteon/noteoff, i used data.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ut1gr1a8vaeh ... 8.xml?dl=0
tcookejr

Re: Help request with MIDI map programming Voicemeeter w/ Novation Launch Control

Post by tcookejr »

Hi peden,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write, and for sharing that xml - it looks incredible. I've read it for a while, and followed your example:
I used the same command, but instead of noteon/noteoff, i used data
Alas, I'm still stuck. If you have a moment, here is a screenshot of my settings: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bqgvtcdagwvp ... r.png?dl=0

I have the Novation Launch Control Editor open. It is set to display the values of each button and knob. As you'll see from the green underline, this is the row of buttons I want to illuminate. You'll also see the MacroButton on the left, where I'm entering the programming (in)correctly.

Here is a link to the Novation Launch Control Programmer's Reference Guide as well https://bit.ly/2Vh0APp

If you have time to take a look at this, I'd be very grateful for your furthered assistance.

Thank you so much.
tcookejr

Post by tcookejr »

Bump. Still seeking assistance. Please!
peden

Post by peden »

Hi again

You need to do it in hex to make work.

Code: Select all

Intial State:
System.SendMidi("out1", "data", F0h 00h 20h 29h 02h 0Ah 78h 00h 00h 0Ch F7h);

Trigger IN:
System.SendMidi("out1", "data", F0h 00h 20h 29h 02h 0Ah 78h 00h 00h 0Fh F7h);

Trigger OUT:
System.SendMidi("out1", "data", F0h 00h 20h 29h 02h 0Ah 78h 00h 00h 0Ch F7h);

Everything is in the manual
tcookejr

Post by tcookejr »

Hi peden,

Thanks for the suggestion, but this still does not work. I am using a Novation Launch Control - not the same product as yours.

I know that all of the information is in the manual, but I am here asking for help because I do not understand it - despite my best efforts.

Thanks again for your help - I'd love to hear alternative suggestions!
tcookejr

Post by tcookejr »

Bump. Vincent, would love your help here.
tcookejr

Post by tcookejr »

Bump, again. I'd really like to get this issue resolved. If someone can please read through this thread and offer some specific feedback it'd be greatly appreciated :)
tcookejr

Post by tcookejr »

Bump. Please.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

did you watch this video: https://youtu.be/JgtxSzCCq3g

the syntax should be:

System.SendMidi("out1", "data", F0, 00, 20, 29, 02, 0A, 78, 00, 00, 0C, F7);