Is my audio setup correct

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
madDog

Is my audio setup correct

Post by madDog »

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if i'v set up my voicemeeter correctly. When you watch a lot of different youtube videos, you get conflicting information how things should be setup, so i'm just making sure. I did read the manual, altho at times its a little bit confusing for me. I'm basically using it with obs so can occasionally stream and have seperate audio sources if i want to record.
Attachments
My Setup
My Setup
2019-05-07 18_21_27-Settings.png (181.33 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
tcookejr

Re: Is my audio setup correct

Post by tcookejr »

It's a good start, but to answer your question correctly, we need more information about what you are intending to broadcast to your listeners as well as what it is that you want to hear in your headphones.

I'll list a couple observations with suggestions to move the ball further forward, and will tweak future responses after we hear back from you:

1. In the master section (bottom right), there are two kinds of output: hardware (A1 to A5) and virtual (B1 to B3). Hardware is what you hear, virtual is what people hear online. Keep this in mind.

2. Your microphone is not currently set to broadcast out towards your listeners. So, set this to B1.

3. Your Voip, Music, and Game inputs are correctly setup so that you will hear them (A1). However, you also have them broadcast out to your listeners (via B1, B2, B3, respectively). Do you want your listeners to hear your voip, music, and game sounds? If not, turn this off. If you are using Twitch, then I suppose this is the goal, right? Hard to tell though without knowing what you are after first.