Audio problems trying to set up 5.1 surround + other issue

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Phoenex

Audio problems trying to set up 5.1 surround + other issue

Post by Phoenex »

Hi all,
I have been wanting to set up my speakers via Voicemeeter because gives me such easy access to switching audio devices between speakers/headset and microphones. I have even been working to incorporate the vban software to connect my other computers through my main desktop. I am having issues setting up my 5.1 surround speakers through this software and no matter what configuration I use I can't quite get it to work and all the channels to display correctly. My speakers are plugged in via the audio jacks on the back of my motherboard and when connected show up as one device in my Windows sound settings. In the sound settings I have tried every combination of 5.1 and 7.1 with side speakers removed on the speaker settings as well as the Voicemeeter inputs. I have also tried cycling through the modes for my A1 input that the speakers are set to go to. None of the combinations I have tried seem to work and I have tried them all. I love this software very much and it works amazing for most everything else I just can't get past this obstacle. I had a little luck running in Composite Mode, however my center channel did not seem to output to my speakers even though I could see the indicator jumping in the software; a big problem for most games. I am using Voicemeeter Potato and will link a screenshot below of my settings that it is using.

Little side note to my other issue, on the main Voicemeeter input I have began having bugs where I can here the beginning of audio and then the channel suddenly fades away causing lots of long periods of silence between starting and fading sound. This persists over restarts of my computer but sometimes will fix itself. I have no clue where this is coming from and have even tried updating my drivers with no luck on fixing it. My temporary fix was to switch to using the Aux input for my main audio and VSAIO for my secondary input. This isn't ideal and it would be nice to solve this problem too.

Thank you all for any insight you have, I hope someone has a few solutions that work!

Settings:
http://prntscr.com/o351rb
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Audio problems trying to set up 5.1 surround + other issue

Post by Vincent Burel »

your screenshot shows that your Speaker (Realtek) on output A1 and your speaker (Logitech G430) on output A2 ar both opened with 8 channel (8 ch) so you may output multichannel (if you have multichannel signal on Voicemeeter).

about your VAIO problem, check you have 7168 sample buffer size on the virtual inputs.
Phoenex

Post by Phoenex »

Hey Vincent thanks for the reply! I know that they are showing up as multichannel signals and they should, the problem is that when I use the Voicemeeter software it doesn't output sound through my center/sub channels properly. I get some bass from the normal speakers and some of the sound from left/right that would be in the center to provide the surround effect but it is super muddy because its ONLY the surround effect. My center speaker works properly in the Windows sound check on the individual speaker device but after I put it through Voicemeeter and try to play a game it doesn't work correctly.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

do you get 5.1 signal in Voicemeeter ? di you configure the virtual input in 5.1 ? can post a screenshot of Voicemeeter with the audio signal coming in ?