Voicemeeter Insert super picky

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
therealdadbeard

Voicemeeter Insert super picky

Post by therealdadbeard »

Title.

Like sometime I have to restart my VST Host multiple times so that it sounds normal. Sometimes it works on the first try.

But when it works it is completely fine and stable and no static at all.
therealdadbeard

Re: Voicemeeter Insert super picky

Bump. So Cantabile has issues but using a the simple VSTHost app works fine. Any ideas??
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

maybe pending on CPU load in Cantabile ?
what is your buffering (Voicemeeter Main Stream)... it should be around 256 sample to be sure to make it work.
therealdadbeard

Doesnt matter what buffer size. The Simple VST host app hook fine even at 64 samples on my Soundblaster Z. I went through all of them.

This seem to be maybe an issue on Cantabile side on how they hook into it maybe as only it gives me issues but I have somehow a really bad hotfix. First use VSTHost to have it sound fine, restart it there multiple times, start Cantabile, close VSTHost. Then it works without issues. Sometimes on the first try, sometimes not.

Could be that Cantabile is too agressive and the inserts are not real audio devices as I heard but only wrapped wdm

Edit: Tried now potato because of the SEL button and Cantabile could instantly hook into it. Gonna look further if the potato insert is somehow better.
therealdadbeard

Yeah no, Potato has the same issues but additionally to that VSTHost can't hook into potato insert at all :/
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

will check it...
wizzard102

Post by wizzard102 »

i use VST thru IL MiniHost Modular and it works fine just an idea
therealdadbeard

It suddenly works for the past few days. I have no idea why. Nothing changed on my system and I don't have the broken w10 update installed that broke sound for some people.

What I did was playing around with Reaper and the options I could toggle there and after it synced up I just swapped to cantabile and it worked since then.

Edit: Looking at Element LT too now as Minihost Modular is not really updated anymore and it works too and has a reset button that works.

Edit2: Oh wow okay Element is adding like no latency at all. It's really fast but has the issue of not hooking correctly into the Insert but the RESET button fixes that after a few clicks. Really glad that I looked for Minihost Modular and someone recommended this one. Much better than Cantabile.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

good to know... there is maybe a problem in ASIO device management in some Host applications... needing to be relaunched after having selected new ASIO driver or something like this...