VBAN Receptor for iOS can not acquire network permission

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Sonicity

VBAN Receptor for iOS can not acquire network permission

Post by Sonicity »

I tried VBAN Receptor on my iPhone (which is a China model). It can not receive any network packets, therefore can not play any stream.

I noticed that the app did not ask me for "WLAN & Cellular" permission. For legal compliance, apps running on iPhone of China model need to ask for the "WLAN & Cellular" permission in order to connect to the network. The method to ask for such permission is to actively start a connection. VBAN Receptor only listens passively for UDP packets, which can not trigger the permission request.

Would you please modify your VBAN Receptor app and let the software make at least one active network connection (for example, check latest version) during start-up?
Last edited by Sonicity on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonicity

Re: [Bug report] VBAN Receptor for iOS can not acquire network permission

Post by Sonicity »

Here is an example screenshot of network permission acquisition on China models, just in case I didn't explain it well:

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VBAN Receptor for iOS can not acquire network permission

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, we are studying the question...
Sonicity

Re: VBAN Receptor for iOS can not acquire network permission

Post by Sonicity »

I just found that it is possible to trigger that dialog reliably by doing a DNS request. A DNS request to any domain will work.

I am willing to help you beta test your app and provide any info to help you diagnose the problem.
I have been not able to use VBAN for a long while since I replaced my mobile phone. :(