Need help with voice meeter setup! Am I doing it wrong?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
glen0707

Need help with voice meeter setup! Am I doing it wrong?

Post by glen0707 »

Hi to all the people who read this post. Well, I recently downloaded and installed Voicemeeter Banana and I used this for game, system and microphone purposes. By the way, here is my set-up:

Well, everything is working great but when it goes to playing a game(especially when I close the game and open it again), the sound will go to the default device(Voicemeeter Input) instead going to Line 1 before going to A1. It fixes when I change my default output to the default device and back to Line 1:

I've already tried re-installing the program but no luck.

Anyone knows how to fix this issue? Please help.

Thank you in advance.
zapoqx

Re: Need help with voice meeter setup! Am I doing it wrong?

Post by zapoqx »

The only thing I'd initially ask is is there a problem with using WDM over MME? It would be less latency for you.

Either way, welcome to the voicemeeter crowd! Lets see...
What is the "Virtual Audio Cable" that you have anyways? If it was part of "VB-Audio" I would assume it should say "VB-Audio Virtual Cable" much like your "Cable Output" driver. Without knowing where that is coming from, I wanna say that that might be your problem right there. Maybe you meant it to be on CABLE Output and direct the game sound to that?

Just as a quick note, unless you have compatability issues, there is no reason for you to use "MME" over "WDM" but if you are having issues getting it working, then go ahead.

Again, Welcome!
glen0707

Post by glen0707 »

Well, there is no problem in using WDM or MME, though in MME there is a crackling sound that I can hear sometimes.

Regarding your question about the other VAC that I have, it just an additional Virtual that I used aside from VB-Audio. But the same problem when using only the VB-audio. And I have already tried using KS, WDM, and MME. It won't work unless I go to my sound setting and change the default output of the game from VB-Audio/Other virtual audio to default and change it back again.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

We recommend to connect Video Game directly to Voicemeeter virtual input
(you may use Virtual cable for VOIP or other applications without hard constraint).

And the better way for video game is to set Voicemeeter virtual input as default playback device
and configure the game to use default playback device.
glen0707

Post by glen0707 »

Hi, may I ask when you said configure the game to use default device, where you referring to the in-game setting default playback device and not in the windows sound setting?
zapoqx

Post by zapoqx »

I personally believe he is referring to:
Let the game run in VAIO (assume VAIO is default sound)
Make sure in Windows Settings to let game run under Default and not [Selected Sound Driver]
It would be easier to run a different source under a different way than a game sound.
glen0707

Post by glen0707 »

yeah, but the voicemeeter input don't have any compressor feature which I need on some games that I am playing. Otherwise, i need to reroute it back to another virtual cable to hardware input in banana before going to the speaker/headphone. If I do this,some latency will occur. This problem occurs not only in games but also other software aside from those software that has a settings to choose their own playback device.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

in this case, use a VB-CABLE as default playback device for your game.
and connect the other side of the VB-CABLE to a physical input of Voicemeeter.