Google hangouts won't pick up mic when using voicemeeter?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
swarles

Google hangouts won't pick up mic when using voicemeeter?

Post by swarles »

Hi,

I've been using voicemeeter to record a podcast over google hangouts for probably over a year now, and it has worked great. I have a very simple set up of running my mic and my PC audio through voicemeeter, then recording the output in audacity.

In the past month or so though i've been running into an issue where if voicemeeter is open and running, and i go into a google hangout no one can hear me. The correct microphone is selected but for whatever reason hangouts can't get audio from it(for the past year+ having the same mic selected in both worked flawlessly). If i turn voicemeeter off, it starts working. (also sometimes it suddenly DOES work if i disconnect and call the person back over and over). Has anyone run into this? I think it might be a hangouts or windows 10 issue as those are the only things that have changed in my set up. If anyone has a fix or work around I'd love to know what it is, thanks!
gardhull

Re: Google hangouts won't pick up mic when using voicemeeter?

Post by gardhull »

I experience the same problem. I have yet to successfully use voicemeeter with google hangouts. No audio from me goes to the call.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Could you send a screenshot of the VBCABLE_ControlPanel of the virtual I/O where you connect google hangout ?

the only explanation i see now, is that google hangout ask for big audio buffer (> 2048 samples) and the virtual I/O cannot provide such buffer size, even configured with 7168 sample buffer size...

You may try to change the Max latency of the cable (ex : 16384) and set latency to the same (16384) to see if it changes something.
DruiD

Post by DruiD »

Did this ever get resolved?
My issue is Google meet audio on any "output" is not heard unless I set the outputs "normal mode" to MIX Down A or Centre only.

Its like the audio stream is not working properly coming from hangouts, however the join beeps other audio is working fine with the same audio channel on "normal mode".

Is this as I have its setup as 5.1 etc but google only sending 2.1 ? or something?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

check the communication option in windows sound dialog box (must be set to DO NOTHING)
Also check the default audio format used by the recording device used by Discord (propertie button -> Advanced thumbnail).
Check Privacy settings regarding microphone... check that voicemeeter virtual output are enabled/allowed for Discord.