Voicemeter control via Android App

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
SSchaffrath

Voicemeter control via Android App

Post by SSchaffrath »

Hi,
I would like to ask if it would be possible to control voicemeter via an app like a real world mixer as X32 or the Allen & Heath deskmixers.
Thank you.
Best regards
Sebastian
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Voicemeter control via Android App

Post by Vincent Burel »

possibly if your virtual controller are supporting RTP MIDI.

Voicemeeter could use RTP MIDI as MIDI device to receive message from your mobile device mixer.

(but the best should be to ask to your manufacturer to implement VBAN-MIDI protocol instead... because RTP MIDI is complicated to configure).
SSchaffrath

Post by SSchaffrath »

First, thx for the fast response.
But i think you didnt understand me right.
My english isnt the best, as you probably already have seen.

My intention to ask was if it could be possible that i can remotely control Voicemeter with a Android App. I dont want to build any app myself, free time to invest in it, is a issue for me.
The reference with the real life Mixer was just to have an Idea how the App could/should look like.

For example: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l.app.xair
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

well, RTP MIDI is maybe not available on Android...
so you may try our VBAN-Buttons app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... banbuttons
but it's only push or 2 positions button.
piflyon

Post by piflyon »

Hi, I tried many and this one is working well :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... umatic.tdf
(TouchDaw). Try the demo, buy the full (around 6€) when you like it.
(On iOS the application WiDI works well too).

You need to install rtpMidi on windows (quite easy, create a "session" and give it a name say "MyPCMidi"). When done...
TouchDaw on your Android device : connected on the same network. Check midi settings on the hamburger button (☰, above Record). You should find "MyPCMidi").

Voicemeeter (potato) MENU>Midi Mapping..., then in the upper-left corner, select "MyPCMidi" in both Midi Input and Midi output.

Exemple setting in voicemeeter potato : on Gain Fader #1 click on [LEARN] then move a fader on TouchDaw. Light up the [F] on the right of Gain Fader #1 in order to make the android's fader move along with your mouse on your PC. Uncheck [Learn]. Repeat for any other things you want.

Sadly : Voicemeeter does not send input levels through midi, so the strip's vumeters won't show any activity, but everything else works.

I'm not part of TouchDaw or Voicemeeter project, so please don't ask me for support. This post is just to drive you on a way that worked for me. Please refer to respective documentations to learn more. :) Pour info je suis français, j'écris en anglais dans le doute.