VBAN for Broadcast Using Barix Exstreamer?

VB-Audio Network Protocol and applications
radiobob

VBAN for Broadcast Using Barix Exstreamer?

Post by radiobob »

We are using Voicemeeter and Receptor for live baseball broadcasts with high quality and minimal latency using a 5 GHz WiFi bridge between the stadium and the studio. The system has worked brilliantly.

Our station also uses standalone Barix 100 boxes for studio-to-transmitter link via a separate 5 GHz link using PCM audio via RTP.
I happen to have a spare Barix receiver (Exstreamer; the transmitter is the Instreamer...go figure!). The Barix units are capable of handling raw UDP, so I was wondering...has anyone had tried using VoiceMeeter and VBAN to stream directly to a self-contained device such as this?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VBAN for Broadcast Using Barix Exstreamer?

Post by Vincent Burel »

very interesting use case! did not know yet.

we already got some successful user feedback with outdoor wifi antenna. But the Barix Exstreamer is new for us!
radiobob

Post by radiobob »

Thank you for the reply!

So far I have been unable to get the Barix Exstreamer and VoiceMeeter to connect, but I am nonetheless exceptionally pleased with how the VoiceMeeter/Receptor combo works for our live sports broadcasts!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

feel free to let us know your expericence on it if you get it work with Voicemeeter then!