Macro

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
lukauux

Macro

Post by lukauux »

Hello my dears, I set up macros on the strips[5] and strips[6] to increment de volume (strip[6].gain-=2;), but it's necessary pressing ctrl+numpad add (my key shortcut) each increment. Is there some way to holding the key shortcut instead of pressing X times to increment? Already grateful, sorry my english.
RobBoss

Re: Macro

Post by RobBoss »

lukauux wrote:Is there some way to holding the key shortcut instead of pressing X times to increment?
I guess that would be terribly unreliable to adjust the volume precisely :arrow: unwanted volume jumps.

There is a freeware tool called Volumouse to use the mousewheel for volume change, but that also can be used to emulate the pressing of hot keys.
You can set different rules for multiple control of hardware audio device volume and emulated hot keys sending by using the mousewheel to change values smoothly without jumping.
:arrow:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/volumouse.html

It works great for example to control the hot keys for HW Input 1.

But do not try to use a key rule in combination with sending hot keys! (not working - maybe a bug)

To send hotkeys you have to use a rule based on the mouse positon (example: on screen edges!) or a pressed mouse key.