Stuttering from VC-Cable

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
xtraorange

Stuttering from VC-Cable

Post by xtraorange »

Hi there,

I've been struggling with a stuttering that sounds remarkably similar to viewtopic.php?f=7&t=920
The solution presented there didn't fix it for me though.

Set-up: Essentially, I am routing my audio into 5 different output: the three built in virtual sources, and then 2 VB-Cables in the hardware outputs. These outputs are then used in things like OBS (for streaming) or Zoom.

Problem:The three built in virtuals work fine, and do not have any issues, but both of the virtual cables start stuttering from time to time. The stuttering presents after some reboots, and after loading some software. It also just randomly happens sometimes. Rebooting the audio engine fixes it for the time.

I have narrowed it down to an issue with the cables themselves. The output is fine when recorded using the built in recorder (that looks like a tape deck), but is stuttering on the other side of the virtual cable (or when looped back to a hardware input for monitoring).

I have tried a multitude of things with no luck, including changing A1 to another stable source. Is it possible this is a software issue?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Stuttering from VC-Cable

Post by Vincent Burel »

well, you may post some screenshot to let us see your configuration (voicemeeter )
we could see if there is potential problem on your configuration and tell you you could try.
xtraorange

Post by xtraorange »

Sure thing. I also want to confirm OBS is not part of the issue since it's doing it right now with nothing running but spotify.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (219.64 KiB) Viewed 10912 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (100.97 KiB) Viewed 10912 times
xtraorange

Post by xtraorange »

Also, to clarify, Cable A on input 2 was not originally there, issue still persisted. I just added it to check if I could hear the issue by looping it back and through my headphones (and I can).
xtraorange

Post by xtraorange »

Mini-bump
TestXpress

Post by TestXpress »

Are there any updates on this topic?

I'm experiencing the same (or at least very similar) issue. VAIO, AUX and VAIO3 of VM Potato are working smooth without any glitches.

With the cables I have some minutes of clear audio and then for some seconds lots of glitches.

I checked the buffer/latency settings, sample rate, bit depth... The same for all virtual devices. So, no conversion should be necessary that could cause this issue and with the same latency settings I also would expect the same behavior and stability.