No sound with ASIO device

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
BirdO

No sound with ASIO device

Post by BirdO »

I have a M-Audio Air 192 | 8 usb audio interface and when I switch to asio in A1 I have no sound.(WDM, KS, and MME work fine) Also my windows defaults are set to the correct inputs and outputs. After watching videos online it looks like it should just work. I have reinstalled and updated the audio drivers as well has voicemeeter. I plan on using potato but I have tried it with the OG and Banana. Is there something else I need to do? Please let me know what information you need to help me troubleshoot this. Thanks!
smallfreak

Re: No sound with ASIO device

Post by smallfreak »

Do you get sound when connecting any ASIO compatible software to use the M-Audio ASIO driver directly. It might well be that their ASIO implementation has a problem.
BirdO

Post by BirdO »

I use it with ableton no problem. I tried searching the web to see if anyone has used it with m-audio devices and no luck haha
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. VB-Audio Software official YouTube channel has a video about how to setup Voicemeeter with an ASIO device: https://youtu.be/35N8hkOy8h4
It uses a Tascam interface but contains a lot of information that could be useful in your case.

There is a topic in this forum where other users of M-Audio interface have reported a similar problem: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=617

¿Are you able to open the M-Audio ASIO Control Panel from within Voicemeeter System Settings / Options window? It should appear when you click on the device name. Check for example the buffer size configured. See the ASIO Driver support section in Voicemeeter Potato User Manual for more information.

I don't have an M-Audio interface but I have noted a similar behavior in my PC: The A1 device functions correctly when using WDM or MME. When using ASIO, I have observed that sometimes Voicemeeter shows a buffer size of 1024 instead of 441 samples which is the value configured in the ASIO Control Panel of the device; in this case I don't get any sound from the device. On the contrary when the buffer size reported by Voicemeeter is almost the same size as the configured, I have no problems with the sound.
BirdO

Post by BirdO »

Finally tried another asio device with same settings and it is working fine. (PreSonus Audiobox Two) I think it looks like it might be a driver issue or maybe another program is using the asio but I doubt that. The interface works fine in Abelton and Adobe Audition. So I am concluding that it is an issue with voicemeeter and the m-audio asio driver. :/
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

for this kind of question, you may post a screenshot of Voicemeeter and its system settings dialog box to let us see your configuration.
video tutorial about ASIO device and Voicemeeter: https://youtu.be/35N8hkOy8h4
BirdO

Post by BirdO »

Settings with M-Audio Air 192|8 (no sound)

https://ibb.co/D8NscC3

Settings with PreSonus AudioBox iTwo ( Works fine no settings are changed when I swap this out after the m-audio device)

https://ibb.co/LSbk5Nv

Same settings, All configured 24bit 48000kHz Buffer 256

I am using the 64bit driver for the Presonus Audiobox and the M-Audio Air does not have a download selection for 32 bit or 64 bit, they only have one download. I have tried wiping all drivers and wiping Voicemeeter and reinstalling everything as well.
pault1

Post by pault1 »

I can also confirm that my M-Audio M-Track 2x2m didn't work in this exact same scenario. I purchased a MOTO M2 and it worked out of the box with no changes. M-Audio ASIO drivers are shit and I won't be purchasing any of their hardware in the future.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, i just crated a special topic to test ASIO driver:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1204

you can use it to test your ASIO driver and forward your text report on the forum.
BirdO

Post by BirdO »

Alright did the test. I took screenshots. Looks like something isn't working. Tested with Ableton though and still works fine with that.
Attachments
64 bit test
64 bit test
64bit.PNG (44.56 KiB) Viewed 10453 times
32 bit test
32 bit test
32bit.PNG (66.92 KiB) Viewed 10453 times