Banana distortion

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
D10wrangler

Banana distortion

Post by D10wrangler »

A couple of problems.
I have been trying to get Banana to work with JRiver media center and I am getting input but it's consistently distorted.
I am using the Asio output from JRiver.
I cannot get Wavelab Elements 10 to connect using Asio VM-VAIO 1 and VM-VAIO 2. There is no input and playback of a previosly recorded file freezes.

Also I cannot get the line input from my soundcard (SoundblasterX AE-5) to connect.
I have been working on this for a while now and have read a lot of the info online to no avail.

I have included a screenshot of the Banana system settings.
VMB System Settings 20200505.jpg
VMB System Settings 20200505.jpg (87.67 KiB) Viewed 5268 times
D10wrangler

Re: Banana distortion

Post by D10wrangler »

Ok, after troubleshooting this for days I have found out that the distortion was caused by output A1 using my Schitt Audio Modi 3 DAC. After changing the output to my SoundblasterX AE5 that problem has disappeared.
I have also installed Asio4All I also have in/out to Wavelab Elements 10. I could not get Voicemeeter Asio to work at all.

So now I have Wavelab working and undistorted outputs.

The only thing missing is the Line in from the AE5. I have downloaded VB Virtual Cable but cannot see how to link it to the Line In on the AE5.
If I directly add the WDM input for the Line in on the AE5 it shows the error: Voicemeeter Failed to open device: pAudioClient->initialize return error-2147024891 (0x80070005.

TIA for any help.
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

I notice that VM is opening the devices (both the troublemakers, the schitt and the AE5 input) in shared mode. Have a search around the forum about this (it's been discussed a lot so I won't re-hash it here), and get them to open in exclusive mode where possible.
D10wrangler

Post by D10wrangler »

Thanks, will check it out.
D10wrangler

Post by D10wrangler »

Thank You xcasxcursex !

I now have my turntable input working and both speaker systems.
It was down to juggling with exclusive mode on the part of the schitt and the windows privacy settings for the line/mic input.
I have learned a lot over the last week.
Cheers!
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

Great to hear, you're welcome :) Enjoy!