Add audio delay/sync offset

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
PresidentJade

Add audio delay/sync offset

Post by PresidentJade »

I would like to add a delay (sync offset - ms) to the Voicemeeter Output. Is there a way to do this? Maybe just increase the buffer size and hope that it adds latency?

Here is why:

I am using a service called Loola.tv to livestream via my webcam to Instagram Live. Loola.tv allows me to use Open Broadcast Software (OBS), but I have to use the OBS Virtual Cam plugin which does not carry audio, only video.

In Loola.tv I have selected my audio source as Voicemeeter VAIO output, which is the audio coming from my Voicemeeter Banana. The problem is that the audio from Voicemeeter arrives faster into Loola.tv compared to the video from OBS Virtual Camera, causing a sync issue.

Now, I realize that Voicemeeter is performing as it should (no latency) and that the problem in this case is the slowness of the OBS Virtual Cam. But, there are no other settings I can change to decrease the latency of the OBS Virtual Camera. That is why Im wondering if there is a way to increase the latency of the audio from Voicemeeter, or in other words, add an audio output delay so that everything will be in sync in my livestream?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Add audio delay/sync offset

Post by Vincent Burel »

in menu system settings dialgo box you will find a section called
"monitoring Synchro Delay" where you will able to define delay for each physical output BUS.
lukpac

Post by lukpac »

Would it be possible to add a delay option for the virtual outputs? I've been using VM Banana with Zoom, and it would be helpful for that.
kkobashi

Post by kkobashi »

VoiceMeeter should provide sync offsets for virtual inputs. It should also provide negative sync offsets as well for both h/w and s/w inputs.

Just how is one to sync a mic with audio playing from a virtual input device.
For example, suppose I play Spotify and sing along with the lyrics. Rarely will both sync.

The only way to sync is to set a negative offset to the mic device or have the virtual inputs be associated with sync offsets.

For live streaming, this is critical.
For recordings, one has to go and record each per track and then edit the mic to shift by the offset. You shouldn't have to that with VoiceMeeter.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

negative delay offset do not exist.