Mirrored frequencies

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
lubomir_h

Mirrored frequencies

Post by lubomir_h »

Hello,

I noticed that the frequency spectrum got mirrored when using the virtual cable, the non-Hi-Fi one, and resampling. I can't tell which version of the cable it was though and I already installed new sound drivers. But I got this graph when it was happening.

Do you test it properly?

Maybe it is related to the sound driver I was using, or the configuration, but it seemed that the cable caused it. But you may know better, of course. It's very strange, by the way.

Lubomír
Attachments
Mirrored frequencies - graph.png
Mirrored frequencies - graph.png (10.32 KiB) Viewed 6086 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Mirrored frequencies

Post by Vincent Burel »

dont understand the context. what are you measuring and according what protocol ?
lubomir_h

Post by lubomir_h »

The graph shows frequency analysis of a played music file after re-routing it to the cable. This is the output. I'm not sure what was the resampling there, but the mirroring is well apparent here. Of course, the original file doesn't contain this loud nonsense in the ultrasound.

So this I measured. What do you mean by a protocol?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

if you make measure, you must be precise, otherwise everybody will lose time.

Protocol means :
what player are you using, with what sound (what signal), connected to VB-CABLE with what interface (MME, KS, DX...) with what format ?.
VBCABLE CONTROL PANEL Screenshot.
What measure application are you using ? connected to VB-CABLE output with what interface and what audio format.

Could you please provide a screenshot of your frequency response with more precision in height (there is 40 pixel height for 50 dB , this is not enough precise). Or use our spectralissime application instead.