Specific programs not working with audio cables

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
soabba

Specific programs not working with audio cables

Post by soabba »

I have VM Potato and audio cables A,B,C & D. All my hardware inputs are all set WDM outputs. All of my programs are set to the corresponding cables in windows audio settings. A1 is my headset and A2 is my soundbar. I've attached a few screenshots of my settings. If there are any other ss that could help troubleshoot this, let me know and I will attach.

So I will try to explain this as best as I can. My mic works fine, Spotify(Microsoft Store Version) works fine, Discord works fine, Streamlabs OBS works fine but Black Desert Online, League of Legends, Call of Duty Warzone and Terraria do not. Discord is on Cable A, Spotify is set to Cable B, all of my games are set to Cable C and Streamlabs OBS is set to Cable D. In order for my game audio to work, I have to go into windows audio settings and set the output back to default and then back to the corresponding audio cable. Once I do reset them, so to speak, they work fine. Should I restart my computer or if the program is closed and reopened, I have the same issue again. Discord, Streamslab OBS and ALL my games are set to launch as administrator, I've tried not running them in administrator as well and unchecking launch as administrator and launching them manually as administrator with no luck. I have been dealing with just manually resetting them every restart or game crash but if they could just launch and work properly, that would be ideal. Thank you to anyone who can help me.
Attachments
Voicemeeter Troubleshoot 3.png
Voicemeeter Troubleshoot 3.png (54.52 KiB) Viewed 36269 times
Voicemeeter Troubleshoot 2.png
Voicemeeter Troubleshoot 2.png (130.21 KiB) Viewed 36269 times
Voicemeeter Troubleshoot 1.png
Voicemeeter Troubleshoot 1.png (208.56 KiB) Viewed 36269 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Specific programs not working with audio cables

Post by Vincent Burel »

if the problem is located on CABLE-C you may post a screenshot of the VBCABLE_ControlPanel app of the Cable-C (while it is running or expected to work), to see what's happening...
soabba

Post by soabba »

Here is a screenshot of a fresh launch of Black Desert Online and a screenshot of after I set it back to default and then back to Cable C.Image and Image
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

the second picture show that the sound comes in and goes out from the Cable.
so what is the problem ? what is your playback device by default ?
soabba

Post by soabba »

my playback device currently is Voicemeeter Input (VB-Audio Voicemeeter VAIO)

The problem is that every single time I launch a game, I have to go into settings>sound>app volume and device preferences and switch the game output from Cable C back to default then back to Cable C to get it to start working. It doesn't work straight from the game launch. This happens to every game I play. I can record a video, if that would help and post the link here.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Where the game sound is played back when you launch it ? in the Voicemeeter Input ? it words ok ?
Some game could prefer to playback in the Windows default playback device...

it could also mean you have a problem in your audio driver stack, and that you might consider re-install them (at least Voicemeeter and VB-CABLE).
see message #2 on this topic
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=451
soabba

Post by soabba »

The game plays back on the Voicemeeter Input, so I think you are correct. I think all my games just prefer to launch on windows default instead of what I set them to. Thank you for your help. Is there any way you know of that can bypass that or that's just how it is going to be?
TestXpress

Post by TestXpress »

I also have that issue. Noticed it first after the Win10 2004 Update, but only for SOME applications. E.g. Edge has this issue, Spotify not.
I assume that some applications are configured to use the default output device. Maybe there's something broken since the update that forces them to use the output device manually configured via the control panel.

I also have issues with SOME games that want to use the default output device. As Voicemeeter uses this exclusively, there is either no sound or they even don't start up correctly. Workaround is to switch output in Voicemeeter e.g. from WDM to MME. Then the game starts fine with sound available via the configured output (e.g. CABLE). It's also possible to switch Voicemeeter Output back to the original settings.

It's so annoying, M$ should REALLY invest some time to clean up all that shit. Or simply throw it away and implement it from scratch ;-)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

that's why we recommend to set Voicemeeter Virtual input as default playback device
and let the game plays back in default playback device.

But right! Microsoft could fixe different point in audio stack... some bugs are still present since VISTA...