B1 and B2 not connected to virtual recording devices

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Kitsone

B1 and B2 not connected to virtual recording devices

Post by Kitsone »

B1 and B2 not connected to virtual recording devices. I've set this up on a different computer and it works fine. Picture attached shows no activity on recording devices while Banana tape deck is outputting to B1 and B2.
If I select "listen to" in windows options for the recording device it gets activity as expected however applications trying to use the virtual device still don't detect it nor do I want to hear it.
Attachments
VoiceMeeterIssue01.png
VoiceMeeterIssue01.png (82.93 KiB) Viewed 13787 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: B1 and B2 not connected to virtual recording devices

Post by Vincent Burel »

if no application is connected to recordign device, Windows could not show activity in VU-meter.
Kitsone

Post by Kitsone »

Discord is connected to B1. Also my other system shows activity on the VU-meter even without an application connected to it (other than Banana Tape-deck outputting to it).
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

so you may check what's happening in the Voicemeeter VAIO Control Panel...

or check yoru driver are well installed:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=688
WarMachine

Post by WarMachine »

Did you ever find a solution to this? I think I may be having the same issue.
Kitsone

Post by Kitsone »

Still not solved no
sjc-or

Post by sjc-or »

You picture implies you are looking at recording devices but I assume you want to playback your virtual tape to Discord, based on your picture.

The selections on the right are for output (playback) devices. If you input device on Discord is B2 and you are trying to playback audio on discord, you need to set your input device on Discord to VoiceMeeter Aux Output. You can do this in your Discord Voice settings.

If however, instead you want to record from Discord to your virtual tape, then you need to have Discord Output to Voicemeeter Aux Input.

In your Windows Sound Settings, also, make sure your Discord inputs and outputs are set correctly. I found what Windows shows doesn't always match what Discord shows. In that case, I'm not sure who wins out.

Monitoring while recording to the same Virtual Device is a bit different since they only seem to do either playback or recording but not both at the same time. Anything you are recording can be feed back through a virtual audio cable back to another physical input in VM and then can monitored from there (with whichever output device you select) but be careful not to create an infinite loop.
Kitsone

Post by Kitsone »

I have it working fine on my primary system btw. Secondary system just refuses to have B1/2 output to Discord or OBS (or anything else other than VBAN output).
Attachments
VoiceMeeter-Mixer.png
VoiceMeeter-Mixer.png (32.75 KiB) Viewed 13577 times
VoiceMeeter-Discord.png
VoiceMeeter-Discord.png (12.6 KiB) Viewed 13577 times
Last edited by Kitsone on Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sjc-or

Post by sjc-or »

In sound manager for your VAIO devices, make sure they have the exclusive mode box unchecked. I've had issues with this before and always turn exclusive mode off for all of my audio drivers. The screen shot you are shown looks like ear trumpet. What does it look like in the Windows Audio Setting Advanced sound options App volume and device preferences?
Kitsone

Post by Kitsone »

One of the first things I did was take exclusive mode off of everything in playback and recording devices- not that I needed to with my primary system.
Attachments
Windows-Mixer.png
Windows-Mixer.png (33.67 KiB) Viewed 13572 times