Voicemeeter Potato Crackling,distorted sound

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Agent86

Re: Voicemeeter Potato Crackling,distorted sound

Post by Agent86 »

Have you tried to change your output buffer ?

Why are you using MME for everything ?
Why not WDM ?

Do you get crackling through B1 and B2 on their own ? Or only while streaming shadow play and OBS at the same time ?

Crackling in B1 and B2 may not be present in A1 because the output to your headset require different buffers or might require different buffers.

Try this.
-Set Engine Mode to Normal
-WDM input mode exclusive mode = NO
-WDM buffer to 480 and try see if that helps with this issue.
battlestrong

Post by battlestrong »

Agent86 wrote:Have you tried to change your output buffer ?

Why are you using MME for everything ?
Why not WDM ?

Do you get crackling through B1 and B2 on their own ? Or only while streaming shadow play and OBS at the same time ?

Crackling in B1 and B2 may not be present in A1 because the output to your headset require different buffers or might require different buffers.

Try this.
-Set Engine Mode to Normal
-WDM input mode exclusive mode = NO
-WDM buffer to 480 and try see if that helps with this issue.

Yes, I tried to change my output buffer size. I noticed that when I set a lower buffer size it doesn't do as much crackling as before, but it still doesn't fix the problem.

"Why are you using MME for everything ? Why not WDM ? " I was messing with settings at that time, that's why I was using MME.

"Do you get crackling through B1 and B2 on their own ? Or only while streaming shadow play and OBS at the same time ? " The conflict between audio is not appearing in OBS. In Shadowplay and even in discord crackling appears. (Discord=B1, Shadowplay=B2, OBS=B3)

"Crackling in B1 and B2 may not be present in A1 because the output to your headset require different buffers or might require different buffers." :?:

"Try this."
-I already tried to reset everything to default even windows reinstall didn't help
-480 Buffer size helps a bit I went ahead and tried all sorts of buffer sizes from the largest to the smallest and I noticed that the lower the buffer size is the less crackling there is, but it's still there and its noticeable.
Azp3ct-

Post by Azp3ct- »

any fix for this ?! Have the same Problem that discord starts sometimes cracking for me, so the people hear my voice same like yours. any solution ?
chaosgrid

Post by chaosgrid »

hey guys, I have exactly the same problem. This should be very easy to reproduce. Why not fix yet? :\
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

all solution to this are given ni this topic (first 2 messages):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=451
skyridergr

Post by skyridergr »

I have the same issue, it has nothing to do with our devices, It is Voicemeeter, this issue started since Voicemeeter is in the market, I have many Computers already tested, including this last NEW PC, Believe me it has me crazy, Voicemeeter team HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

Experiencing a cracking noise during streaming, sessions, conversations, or music playback is incredibly frustrating. The issue occurs randomly across all channels simultaneously. Despite using Voicemeeter for over 7 years and trying all the instructions and suggestions on the forum, the problem persists, leading to the need to manually restart the audio engine each time it happens. Unlike other software, only Voicemeeter seems to cause this problem. Kindly, I urge Voicemeeter Support to assist us in resolving this issue.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

A big Voicemeeter update is planned for September i guess, with re-engineered VAIOS drivers, that should fix all remaining problem regarding Windows and some communication app (which are using audio device in unexpected way).

However we have already different solutions to fix all problem that you can get on our Discord server for example (ask for help if needed).
https://vb-audio.com/Services/support.htm