No Audio with SoundBlaster AE-9 Direct Mode

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
NB4R

No Audio with SoundBlaster AE-9 Direct Mode

Post by NB4R »

I use Voicemeeter Potato on a Windows 10 machine. I have an SoundBlaster AE-9 sound card. I use this to route and hear sounds from a Software Defined Radio receiver called Thetis. I have used this on a daily basis for a long time with no issues. I use ASIO drivers to obtain as low a latency as possible. I route the Thetis Input and output through "Voicemeeter AUX Virtual ASIO". Thetis is set to a sample rate of 96000 and Buffer size of 64. THis setup works great.

The problem comes in when I try and use the Soundblaster "Direct Mode". With "Direct Mode" the SoundBlaster AE-9 card is capable of delivering a sample rate of 192 kHz. When I switch to Direct Mode 24bit 192 kHz I loose sound through Voicemeeter. I change my Sample Rate in Thetis to 192 kHz with no change. All my Windows 10 settings are set to 192 kHz 24 bit. I've tried changing buffer sizes with no improvement. All Windows 10 system sounds are not affected and work fine. I just loose sound with Voicemeeter Potato and the Thetis application. I hope this provides enough information to help in solving my issue. What am I missing? I've included some screen shots. Not reflected in the Thetis screen shot is the fact that the sample rate is set to 192000
SBAE9.png
SBAE9.png (80.82 KiB) Viewed 9021 times
Thetis.png
Thetis.png (42.71 KiB) Viewed 9021 times
VMP.png
VMP.png (181.51 KiB) Viewed 9021 times
NB4R

Re: No Audio with SoundBlaster AE-9 Direct Mode

Post by NB4R »

Well I did a little more work on it. It looks like the ASIO protocol drivers are the issue. I changed to Windows Direct Sound. It works well. There are more errors (Overflow and Underflow) not using the ASIO Drivers. It has been awhile (many months) since I started this and I'm not sure where the ASIO drivers originated. I'm doing some more investigation.
NB4R

Post by NB4R »

Well, I've done more work. I have discovered that Voicemeeter Banana will not work with ASIO drivers above 96k. Everything on my PC works great all the way to and including 384k. When I try and route it through Banana it doesn't work past 96k. Is there a way Banana will work at 384k? Thanks
NB4R

Post by NB4R »

I found the ASIO test package in another Topic. I will test the waters and report back tomorrow :roll:
NB4R

Post by NB4R »

I know I seem to be talking to myself here. I have another question. Maybe I won't answer this one myself :D I In the Voicemeeter Version History I noticed A line that stated that 3-VIRTUAL ASIO: was limited to 96kHz, now support up to 192 kHz. The version was reported as 3.0.1.4. The Potato download is listed as Version 3.0.1.3.
It the version 3.0.1.4 not released yet? Thanks
NB4R

Post by NB4R »

And yes I did answer my own question again... :oops: I will test again this afternoon. Have a great weekend!
sjc-or

Post by sjc-or »

Hey just to let you know, someone is listening. At least me. Unfortunately I just don't have any experience with the errors you are seeing otherwise, I would have jumped in and tried to help. I' m sure other users in the future will appreciate the updates you are posting.
NB4R

Post by NB4R »

I do want to say that Voicemeeter Potato is a great application. It's versatile and easy to use. Except when I don't do my homework before asking a question. :shock: Thanks again and have a great weekend! 73 Ruben NB4R :D
NB4R

Post by NB4R »

And yes. As advertised! The latest Potato supports and runs 192kHz cleanly with ASIO drivers. Thanks for working that out!