NO Hardware inputs (even Virtual Cable) are working

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
HoustonGuyNW

NO Hardware inputs (even Virtual Cable) are working

Post by HoustonGuyNW »

I have Voicemeter Banana set up where my inputs all come through the 2 Virtual Inputs. While the line is is one source it is not connected to a Virtual Cable. It is set to listen on the AUX Virtual input within Windows10. No matter what I have tried the actual physical Line In will not connected (even when the listen is set to SoundBlaster). When I set line in it shows signal to the A1 output bar regardless if physical set (no audio plays) or virtual (audio plays. I cannot take advantage of the Hardware input functions. Screen shots to follow.

Computer is HP with Intel Core i5-4440 CPU @ 3.1Ghz, 12 GB RAM.
Sound card is Soundblaster Audigy Fx

Here are the screen shots
WINDOWS SETTINGS (With Voicemeter in background showing meters and settings)
This is the setup that works with Pandora but not using hardware line IN.
This is the setup that works with Pandora but not using hardware line IN.
1 - Physical In-Out settings in Windows 10.jpg (129.96 KiB) Viewed 7998 times
LINE IN LISTEN to go to Voicemeter
LINE IN LISTEN to go to Voicemeter
2 - LINE IN Settins to go to Voicemeter.jpg (133.01 KiB) Viewed 7998 times
ATTEMPT (that does not work) to set virtual cable input as physical input
ATTEMPT (that does not work) to set virtual cable input as physical input
4 - Attempt to set virtual cable and then show the listen to device as AUX.jpg (109.45 KiB) Viewed 7998 times
HoustonGuyNW

Re: NO Hardware inputs (even Virtual Cable) are working

Post by HoustonGuyNW »

One note..... While the screen shots show muted bus and input, that is default before I try to test. Then I unmute the inputs and outputs needed. The fact that I cannot get the physical line in to connect is my higher priority.
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. Excuse me if I don't understand your post correctly. I have some questions:
  • If you select Line In (Sound Blaster Audigy Fx) from Hardware Input 1 selection list and play music from the audio source connected to the Line In jack ¿do you see the signal level in the meter of Hardware Input 1?
  • If you see signal level in Hardware Input 1 and route it to the A1 do you see signal level in the A1 level meter? Since you are using Composite mode in the A1 output it is neccesary to see the System Settings / Options... window to know where it is being patched. The integrated Tape Recorder should also show signal level if you select PRE-FADER INPUTS in the Recorder options
  • Could you please share a screenshot of Voicemeeter System Settings / Options... window with Line In selected from Hardware Input 1?
HoustonGuyNW

Post by HoustonGuyNW »

When the Line in is plugged in I can see the meter on the Windows10 settings move. However nothing shows on the Hardware In. Here is a screen shot of the System Options.
System Options
System Options
7 - System Options Settings.jpg (129.72 KiB) Viewed 7956 times
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. According to the error message Voicemeeter is failing when trying to open both Hardware Inputs (using MME). I can't help you with this problem. (It is too specialized).

I would check if other applications can record properly using the Line Input; if they do I will try uninstalling and then re-installing Voicemeeter.
HoustonGuyNW

Post by HoustonGuyNW »

I now have things working. Seems it was a permission issue related to mics. I assumed mics were the devices plugged into the mic port on the sandblaster Audigy Fx card installed on a windows 10 computer. Well when I was trying to find why the speakers output wouldn't work either I found the privacy setting for the mic was set to off. So it seems Windows 10 shuts off all input devices as if they are mics.

While somehow the line in was routed through the Aux-Virtual input when privacy setting was off, with it on now its connecting through the Hardware Line In as it should have all along.