Virtual Cables & Jamkazam

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
JackMitchell

Virtual Cables & Jamkazam

Post by JackMitchell »

I have been trying to find a solution that will work to pass through audio from Jamkazam to Zoom and back again. I have tried with Voicemeeter and with the virtual cables and it always either fails on the i/o rate or the variance when jamkazam tests the input and output. Currently, I'm trying to use the VB Audio cable A for input and VB Audio Cable B for output from Jamkazam, with the output from Jamkazam going to zoom and the output from Zoom going to Jamkazam. When I test it, though, the i/o rate fails, even with the frame size set to 10.
Screenshot 2020-11-14 234058.gif
Screenshot 2020-11-14 234058.gif (101.87 KiB) Viewed 8228 times
I have just now had success with this workflow on a mac using the Blackhole virtual audio cable sending the audio signal from Jamkazam to Zoom and from Zoom to Jamkazam. Unfortunately, I need to be using my mac for the actual broadcast and so it's not available to be the "broadcast hub" computer to do the audio routing. I would love to find a way to make this work -- particularly since I paid for Voicemeeter and the VB cables specifically for this purpose, and thus far they haven't worked at all.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Virtual Cables & Jamkazam

Post by Vincent Burel »

should work as weel with the VB-CABLE, please post a scressnshot of its controla panel application while running.
JackMitchell

Post by JackMitchell »

The control panels don't show anything when I'm trying to add the cables as input and output in Jamkazam. But when Jamkazam tests them, the i/o rate is always too low and the variance is frequently too high.
Screenshot 2020-11-18 195037.jpg
Screenshot 2020-11-18 195037.jpg (88.58 KiB) Viewed 8022 times
Screenshot 2020-11-18 194827.jpg
Screenshot 2020-11-18 194827.jpg (152.53 KiB) Viewed 8022 times
When I try to play the Jamkazam test sound through the VB cable to zoom, this is what I get on the control panel.
Screenshot 2020-11-18 195614.jpg
Screenshot 2020-11-18 195614.jpg (71.92 KiB) Viewed 8022 times
The audio I get out of zoom, even with original sound turned on, and the microphone sensitivity in Zoom turned down still crackles a fair bit.

So between the two of these things -- it failing the Jamkazam tests and the audio quality being poor, I have not been able to be successful with any of the VB Audio products for the purpose that I actually purchased 2 of the virtual audio cables and Voicemeeter.

Jack Mitchell
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

on the first sceenshot, you show that
- the VB-CABLE A input is not connected (it means the cable does not receive any audio signal).
- the VB-CABLE B output is not connected (it means the cable receive audio but send it to nowhere).

on the second screenshot
- the VB-CABLE B appears to be connected.
it receives stereo 48kHz signal on input (channel 1 and 2) and the output is also connected to an application with a different sample rate (44.1kHz) but it's not a problem.

Since you have the 2 I/O connected, you may watch on statistics pull loss and push loss. if these counters are moving, it means the internal latency is not big enough. apparently already changed to 3072... Please set it back to default (7168).
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. The tests that I have performed shows that for a given device, the reported latency decreases when you increase the sample rate. The I/O Rate increases when you reduce the frame size.

In the meantime while reviewing the issue with VB-Cable, since you are also trying to use Voicemeeter to solve this issue, I updated the topic in the Voicemeeter forum with some additional results: viewtopic.php?p=4615