How do I get Voicemeeter's ASIO output back into Voicemeeter again?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Kati

How do I get Voicemeeter's ASIO output back into Voicemeeter again?

Post by Kati »

Hi, I'm trying to configure Voicemeeter Banana exactly as I'd like it to be, but I really can't figure out this part and after a lot of searching I've decided to ask here. It involves how to get the audio going into Adobe Audition back into Voicemeeter.

In short, I have a couple of feeds that are going out via B2 in composite mode. These are then added into Audition's multitrack as VM-VAIO 1 and VM-VAIO 3 and are received fine there. The problem I have is, how do I get these back as a feed in Voicemeeter Banana?

I basically want to get Audition's audio into Voicemeeter Banana in real-time (well, with a slight delay obviously) as a feed. So I'd be feeding my raw feeds into Banana, going out via composite into Audition, using Voicemeeter ASIO in Audition and monitoring in Audition so it can be heard, and then coming back to Voicemeeter via ASIO again.
USB Device + Voicemeeter AUX > B2 Composite > Adobe Audition ASIO > Audition Multitrack (monitored) > Mix of these feeds back to Voicemeeter
I can't select a different output when in ASIO mode when I'm in Audition, but as far as I know ASIO will always go out via the same feed. So I should be able to receive Audition's monitored audio in Voicemeeter, but I don't know how to set that up. Do I need Potato or extra software or is there just a switch I'm missing?

Can you advise? Thank you!
Kati

Re: How do I get Voicemeeter's ASIO output back into Voicemeeter again?

Post by Kati »

Hi, just wondering if you can advise on this? Where would Voicemeeter's ASIO outputs be receivable as an input again?
Andres

Post by Andres »

HI. Unfortunately I don't have Adobe Audition to test this.
According to your description you have selected Voicemeeter AUX Virtual ASIO (B2) as your device in Audition. This device is also linked to Voicemeeter AUX Virtual Input (the last one of the inputs in Banana). Can you see any input level from Audition in this input meter?
andro_bernard

Post by andro_bernard »

I checked with Adobe Audition. It works fine. If you use say bus B3, the output on Audition Master track which is the output comes back in on VAIO3, the input associated with B3 for ASIO devices. You don't have to do anything. This is unrelated to Audition - it's how Potato works anyway.

Banana is identical, just has only two B buses.

Now, mine crackles badly, so I have to learn to how stop that, but I am sure it can be done. Still learning!

[update: simply fixed by using ASIO4ALL on A1.]