Need setup help - Banana, ASIO, PC, Skype

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
edover60

Need setup help - Banana, ASIO, PC, Skype

Post by edover60 »

I've gone all through the user guide, videos, you name it - and I'm still having trouble. Mostly because I just don't understand it all. I find the tutorials out there are on one or the other but don't combine everything so I don't know what settings I'm supposed to use.

I'm on Windows 10. I have a Yamaha AG03 audio interface where I plug in my bass, a mic, and my headphones. I have an Akai MPK mini with MPC Beats as a DAW (this goes right to the computer via USB). I sometimes use Audacity. I have a Blue Snowball mic that I use during my Skype music lesson (USB to computer). It's not plugged in all the time. Frankly, I lack sufficient USB ports and the powered hub I have won't run any of these things. But that's beside the point.

I can hear stuff coming through the AG03 in my headphones. I can hear through my computer speakers the sound from my computer. I can't get the sound from my computer through to Skype/Zoom/Discord. I can't get the computer sound to my headphones.

I'm so confused! I need guidance!! Please help!!

Thanks! Eileen
Andres

Re: Need setup help - Banana, ASIO, PC, Skype

Post by Andres »

Hi Eileen. Some general guidance:

Use the Yamaha AG03 interface as your A1 Hardware Output (It should be connected via USB). Select the ASIO option for the AG03 from the A1 selection list (it could be labelled Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO).

Your microphone should be connected to Input 1 of the AG03 so you could use Hardware Input 1 in Voicemeeter for your microphone. Your bass should be connected to input 2 of the AG03 so you could use Hardware Input 2 in Voicemeeter for your bass. Hardware Input 3 could be used for your Blue Snowball microphone.

Voicemeeter Banana provides only two virtual inputs:
Virtual Input Voicemeeter VAIO could be used for your DAW and Virtual Input Voicemeeter AUX could be used for Communication Applications (Skype/Zoom/Discord). Your PC Sounds should be routed to a different virtual input to control them independently. Voicemeeter Potato provides additional virtual inputs.

Virtual Output B1 (Voicemeeter Output) could be used to your DAW and Virtual Output B2 (Voicemeeter AUX Output) could be used to Skype/Discord/Zoom.

Could you please share a screenshot of your Voicemeeter and the System Settings / Options window.

Hope this helps.
edover60

Post by edover60 »

Ok, looks like I'm close. I put my Blue Snowball on Input 3. I may have unplugged it before I took the pic.

During today's lesson he could hear everything coming through the AG03. I had a lot of echo coming to my headphones from the Blue Snowball. I had to turn the Blue Snowball down so I couldn't hear the echo as much and he turned his volume up. Now I need to get the computer sound through to B2. I have to mute the PC sound in the master section so I don't hear it plus my headphones.

I can for sure download Potato if you think that will help. That would be easy if you could guide me through the setup of it. I assume it would be the same as the Banana up to that extra input/output.

Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi Eileen.
I had a lot of echo coming to my headphones from the Blue Snowball
Try turning off the ►A1 button in the Hardware Input 3 strip. This avoids sending the Blue Snowball microphone signal to the A1 Hardware Output (If I understand correctly your headphones are plugged into the AG03).
Now I need to get the computer sound through to B2. I have to mute the PC sound in the master section so I don't hear it plus my headphones.
Apparently you are referring to the audio from virtual input Voicemeeter VAIO (labeled PC Speakers) which is already routed to ►B2. It is also routed to your headphones via the ►A1 button. ¿Could you please explain a little bit about this issue?
edover60

Post by edover60 »

Update: The program crashed again and when I reopened it, these are the settings.

edover60

Post by edover60 »

Andres wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:00 pm Hi Eileen.
I had a lot of echo coming to my headphones from the Blue Snowball
Try turning off the ►A1 button in the Hardware Input 3 strip. This avoids sending the Blue Snowball microphone signal to the A1 Hardware Output (If I understand correctly your headphones are plugged into the AG03).

Ok, got it.
Now I need to get the computer sound through to B2. I have to mute the PC sound in the master section so I don't hear it plus my headphones.
Apparently you are referring to the audio from virtual input Voicemeeter VAIO (labeled PC Speakers) which is already routed to ►B2. It is also routed to your headphones via the ►A1 button. ¿Could you please explain a little bit about this issue?
Anybody on Skype/Zoom/Discord can't hear any of the sound from the computer. Like if I play a track in Audacity or if I play something in MPC Beats. Or any other sound from the computer itself.

Note that the program crashed a minute ago and when I opened it back up, the setting were different. I posted the pic in a previous post. Sorry.

Thanks Andres!!
edover60

Post by edover60 »

I reset everything the way you suggested above. Now here's and updated screenshot.

Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi Eileen. You can try the following settings:
  • You can save Voicemeeter settings at any moment by using the Save Settings... option from the Menu. You can load a previously saved settings file by using the Load Settings... menu option.
  • Select your Blue Snowball microphone from the selection list in Hardware Input 3 (labeled Blue Snowball Mic). The WDM option should work fine.
  • To connect your microphone to Hardware Input 1 (labeled AG03 Mic) and your bass to Hardware Input 2 (labeled AG03 Bass) use the following PATCH ASIO Inputs to Strips settings:
    PATCH ASIO Inputs to Strips.png
    PATCH ASIO Inputs to Strips.png (71.56 KiB) Viewed 6741 times
    This setup allows you to independently control your Microphone and your Bass. Please bear in mind that each input is mono.
Anybody on Skype/Zoom/Discord can't hear any of the sound from the computer. Like if I play a track in Audacity or if I play something in MPC Beats. Or any other sound from the computer itself.
  • Select VoiceMeeter Input (VB-Audio Voicemeeter VAIO) as your default playback device in Windows. Voicemeeter will receive audio from all Windows applications that use the default device through the Virtual Input Voicemeeter VAIO (labeled Windows)
    Windows default device.png
    Windows default device.png (5.06 KiB) Viewed 6741 times
  • Applications like Audacity allows you to select the output device: choose Voicemeeter Input
    audacity.png
    audacity.png (28.51 KiB) Viewed 6741 times
Hope this helps you. Please let me know how it goes.
edover60

Post by edover60 »

Ok, thanks. I'm hopefully going to test it out tonight on Zoom.
edover60

Post by edover60 »

It worked!! They can hear me now. Thanks so much!!