Keep having to select headset in Hardware Out

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
gamerscircle

Keep having to select headset in Hardware Out

Post by gamerscircle »

Hi all -

First of all, I had a post a while back where I could not for the life of me figure out how to control Discord through my stream in a channel vs each person's volume, but I finally hashed that out. Thank you!

Never had this problem before, but now that I have a new headset, I have a new problem.

Before, I had a steelseries and still have my old sennheiser [A1] - due to technical issues with the steelseries, I had to replace with a corsair[A4]. Once installed, iCUE and all setup in VoiceMeeter.. things are great.

The problem is when I shutdown and reboot, I have to reselect the headset in A4 each time for it work.

Can I get a little help with this please?
gamerscircle

Re: Keep having to select headset in Hardware Out

Post by gamerscircle »

I was curious if anyone have any ideas?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

why do you have to reselect the A4 device ?
because it's not selected ? not stored in file settings ?
because the device is not running ? Does it work as well if you use the MENU->Restart audio engine ?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Most likely the device being slow to connect to USB and doing so after VM has started...
gamerscircle

Post by gamerscircle »

Vincent Burel wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:22 am why do you have to reselect the A4 device ?
because it's not selected ? not stored in file settings ?
because the device is not running ? Does it work as well if you use the MENU->Restart audio engine ?
A4 is where I have the Corsair HS70 Pro, it is selected, but there is not audio until I reselect it from a cold boot.

I will report back on the Audio Engine Restart, sorry that I did not supply more details, I am still learning VM.
gamerscircle

Post by gamerscircle »

Kilrah wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:48 am Most likely the device being slow to connect to USB and doing so after VM has started...
Sounds like that could be the case, is there a way to fix that?
gamerscircle

Post by gamerscircle »

To answer the question about the Corsair HS70 Pro - yes, Menu - Restart Audio engine does work.

So, there is something odd with the Corsair, I moved it to A1 and VM would be 'stuck' , as I could levels frozen, but when I would select the hardware out that it is associated with, VM would snap to and I would be able to hear through the HS70.

Are there any logs that I can post that might help?
gamerscircle

Post by gamerscircle »

Yesterday after reporting the above, I moved my desktop speakers to A1 and the Corsair to A4.

The system started just fine, there was no frozen VoiceMeeter, but no audio was coming out of the Corsair, when I did a restart of the engine, they were getting audio.

Can I do this?
command.restart=1 via my streamdeck?

I think, [if I read this correctly] that since my streamdeck is on my streaming pc and my headset in on my gaming pc. that it would be something like?
IP: 192.168.1.123 <-- gaming pc ip
Port: 6980
Script: command.restart=1
gamerscircle

Post by gamerscircle »

The above didn't work..

Any suggestions?