Voicemeeter & Jamkazam

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
JackMitchell

Voicemeeter & Jamkazam

Post by JackMitchell »

I am trying to use either Voicemeeter or the Virtual cables to send audio back and forth between Jamkazam for live music performance and zoom. The plan is to have a non-performer doing this transfer, so latency is not really an issue. I am unable to get either the Voicemeeter input/output or the Virtual Cables to pass Jamkazam's gear test. The issue is almost always the i/o rate. I have input to Jamkazam set to Voicemeeter output and output for Jamkazam set to speakers/voicemeeter. I can hear the audio test from Jamkazam, but there is a slight stutter. Here's a screen grab of the Jamkazam gear page along with the Voicemeeter settings page. We are currently using the Zoom screen share to get the audio into Zoom, but it would be much better if we could just send the audio directly into the zoom input.

I've tried to attach 4 different formats of image, but even the 500k file returns file too large. So I'm putting it on my google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CE-9Md ... sp=sharing

I am happy to do this with the virtual cables, which seems like it would be simpler, but I have had similar issues there. I have uninstalled everything and then just reinstalled voicemeeter to start. Last time I tried uninstalling all of the cables and just reinstalling the a/b cables.
Andres

Re: Voicemeeter & Jamkazam

Post by Andres »

Hi. I am trying to setup JamKazam by selecting Voicemeeter Virtual Audio devices (ASIO interface) with no success; reported latency is around 34ms. It doesn't work with the physical audio device integrated into my PC either. I am currently searching JamKazam forum trying to find help there.
Today they released a new version but it keeps failing the I/O test.

Update: I am getting improved results with the following adjustments:
  • Increased Voicemeeter Preferred Main Sample Rate option to 96000Hz: Since the device selected in A1 Hardware Output is the Main Device it sets the sampling rate used in Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO device. I selected a device that supports 96000Hz as A1 (Main Device); choose WDM option to force the use of the Preferred Main SampleRate.
  • In JamKazam Audio Gear Setup choose Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO - ASIO from the Audio Input Device list: This should start a latency and I/O test and show you results. Reported latency reduced to around 16ms
    JamKazam Audio Gear Setup - Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO 96kHz.png
    JamKazam Audio Gear Setup - Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO 96kHz.png (40.43 KiB) Viewed 3767 times
  • Results using 48000Hz as the Preferred Main SampleRate seems to be also more stable. Reported latency is higher.
    JamKazam Audio Gear Setup - Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO 48kHz.png
    JamKazam Audio Gear Setup - Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO 48kHz.png (42 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
Of course this is just a synthetic test; the "real" test is to be able to connect your session to Zoom and get decent audio. Please let us know what are your results using Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO devices.

Update: Found this video on YouTube which describes how to use JamKazam with Voicemeeter Potato. It uses Voicemeeter VAIO3 Virtual ASIO.
Reported latency is around 4ms. https://youtu.be/-0hLl7R-FTI
JackMitchell

Post by JackMitchell »

I tried this setup, and everything looked good re latency until I tried to test it, and when I hit play on the test music, I just got a steady noise through the speakers that continued until I turned off that output and then turned it back. Anytime I made any sound in Jamkazam, the same steady noise would begin again.

Note: this was even before I tried to get connected to zoom. Do you have some sort of audio interface or DAW that you're using? I don't currently, and that might be what's causing the trouble.

Jack
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. I am testing it with the audio integrated on my motherboard (Realtek). Maybe you can join VB-Audio Discord server and try a voice call/screen share to review your setup and make some tests.

Please let us know if you would like to try.