Bus3 crossing to VAIO

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
barium

Bus3 crossing to VAIO

Post by barium »

Perhaps I biffed something. I'll do a video later when it's not like 2 am on Neptune.

POTATO (ASIO 128)
AUX is default communication
I have 8 channel tape.
I have B3 set as tape.

I have foobar output to VAIO3, then B3, I have stereo w/histogram, composite w/o histogram. (hmm) No 8 channel histogram is strange works on Banana.

So to test other channels.
While foobar is still set output with VAIO3 I sel out (A1) active to VAIO > Sound outputs (what?!) ... I have stereo w/histogram but no composite... there ought to be no output on A1. If I leave A1 active on VAIO3 while VAIO A1 is active and raise volume I get wonkier kaleidoscope music. :mrgreen:
Then, I put foobar out (A1) active to VAIO AUX > A1 , No sound output... that is fine because it is right. There should be no output.

Why is VAIO3/Bus3 crossing over to VAIO?

BANANA
Works fine. All 8 channels all interfaces. No channels crossing over to channels its not suppose to. I moved to POTATOs for more application control.
Andres

Re: Bus3 crossing to VAIO

Post by Andres »

Hi. ¿Could you please post a screenshot of Voicemeeter and System Settings / Options.. window?

Composite mode routing depends on PATCH COMPOSITE so we should check that in the Settings window. When you mention "stereo w/histogram" is it the stereo Repeat routing mode?

I could do some tests in Voicemeeter Potato 3.0.1.3 to check for the reported behavior. Please let us know.
barium

Post by barium »

I restored to a system image from two days ago. I am fine with Voicemeeter Banana and don't have time to get Potato to work without issues. I kept having audio issues and this is a clean Windows 10 install. I uninstalled all VB associations, audio drivers, ASIO drivers, etc., restored from previous images before Potato was installed. Still had issues... especially "The device is being used by another application..."

Clean install of VM multiple times and reset settings multiple times.

Anyway xml/image below were my settings previous to the issues. Screenshots may not reflect exactly what the XML has since I was adjusting settings. Either way I had crossover from VAIO3 to VAIO. I don't get that with VMB. Also for some reason VMP (Potato) had clearer and punchier sound, I do not know why that would be since I imported the working XML file from VMB (Banana) to VMP (Potato). Something is wonky.

XML backup
https://pastebin.com/XqBL5xUU

Images are really useless, especially with the situation that I was experiencing. A video would have been comprehensive and easier to understand... but not doing that now since I'm satisfied with VMB. The last two image here are from VMB settings, still the same concept and imported into VMP and displayed the same.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

1- normally ASIO4All is not required with Voicemeeter.
2- if ASIO4ALL is using same audio device than Voicemeeter, you may create conflict.
barium

Post by barium »

It is not specific to ASIO4ALL. It is all drivers. I've not had a problem in the past and this is a fresh version of windows 10. Either way I am no longer using Potato and Banana works just fine.

Do you know of an alternate ASIO driver? Perhaps a paid PRO version?