Voicemeeter Banana Sound Help

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
DogeFan

Voicemeeter Banana Sound Help

Post by DogeFan »

I have my headset set up with voicemeeter banana on my computer, but the issue I'm running into is that I can't get the sound any louder and I can barely hear my friends on discord. I have it hooked up properly as far as I can tell and I'm already boosting the sound to +12dB. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
EdK

Re: Voicemeeter Banana Sound Help

Post by EdK »

HI Dogefan,

I had the same problem also. After much searching I found the following procedure:

In Windows, go into Sound Settings> Sound Control Panel
You'll see a list of every VoiceMeeter entry and your PC's hardware.
Notice in tabs in that window (Playback, Recording, etc).i I believe it defaults to the Playback tab.
Select each of the entries one at a time and select Properties. In Properties you'll find a "Levels" tab.
Select it and move the slider to 100, Apply and OK.

You'll need to do that for every device in Playback and Recording.

That should boost the volume. Unfortunately, I don't know why the sliders were so low to begin with but this solved my problem.
DogeFan

Post by DogeFan »

Thank you so much! I now realize the issue was that the computer's speakers were set to a level of 6 and since that's what is being picked up by VMB, it was going to be stuck there until I changed the level slider in the sound control panel like you said. I may have accidentally deafened myself by turning it up to 100 lol, but the issue is now fixed! Thanks again!
EdK

Post by EdK »

Glad that worked for you. Happy I was able to help.
VoiceMeeter is pretty cool. But it does take some getting used to and has some hidden gotchas like the volume thing. I'm using Potato.