Feature request: Focus macro buttons on second instance launch.

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
xcasxcursex

Feature request: Focus macro buttons on second instance launch.

Post by xcasxcursex »

With most apps which allow only a single instance, if I launch the app again (eg double click the icon) while it is already running, it will bring the existing instance of the app to the foreground. It would be SUPER handy to have this with VB macro buttons.

This way, I can put a shortcut in any of the usual places (taskbar for example), and whether macro buttons is already running or not, any time I launch the shortcut, I will see the app.

As it is, if I launch the shortcut to macro buttons, and it is already running, nothing happens at all :( And if it is in the tray, there is only one way to get to it, which is to show the tray icons, then double click it. In practice, this amounts to a click on a half-width icon (show systray) and then a double-click on the macro buttons systray icon. The alternative is a single click on an already-visible icon, 1/3 the clicks and less movement and precision required.

Having this will also allow a keyboard shortcut to be bound to the app shortcut, to show the macro buttons.
xcasxcursex

Re: Feature request: Focus macro buttons on second instance launch.

Post by xcasxcursex »

Little bump :) No big rush for this one, Vincent, I just wanted to be sure you saw it :)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, it's noted... we are going to compile another version within 10 days anyway... it will be in...
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

So soon?! OMG I'm pumped! Thanks mate!!!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, in a release process we can recompile package within one or two weeks before going on another development cycle.
RadekPilich

Post by RadekPilich »

While this is certainly desired functionality, what you can do right now, is to pin macro buttons to taskbar and it will work pretty much the way you want it to work.
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

Great minds think alike ;) That was one of my first attempts, but it doesn't work. When it is minimised to the systray and you click the pin on the taskbar it works as it does with any other shortcut, which is to say, nothing happens, because the existing instance is already running and invisible and it just stays invisible.

I could have it not minimise to the systray but to the taskbar instead, and pin it to the taskbar like any other taskbar pinned app, but then that creates a much worse problem where the rarely used buttons are taking a big chunk of high-traffic screen real estate. In that case I'd be better off never minimising it but just closing it, but then my keyboard shortcuts won't work....

Not long to wait, Vincent is on the job :)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, should be working correct in last Potato package version 3.0.1.6 ... you may check it before official release version, maybe compiled before next friday.
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

I just saw a post about 3.0.1.8 and realised I had missed the release (and the next and the next!).

Now running this, and the feature works great!

Thanks Vincent :)