[Potato insert bus] Problem with insert bus audio does not sound clean(has crackling after restart was fine before)

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
iurirolho

[Potato insert bus] Problem with insert bus audio does not sound clean(has crackling after restart was fine before)

Post by iurirolho »

my insert bus is having problems on cantabile 3.0 lite while acting as insert bus unit, voicemeeter other functions work fine and audio is good, what can I do to troubleshoot this, I reinstalled to no avail, rebooted once after de install then again after install, also reinstalled the cables but nothing changed, attached voice meter settings and also cantabile 3.0 settings, any idea of what I could try
voicemeeter8_2021-05-29_22-03-17.png
voicemeeter8_2021-05-29_22-03-17.png (99.54 KiB) Viewed 6473 times
Cantabile_2021-05-29_22-03-59.png
Cantabile_2021-05-29_22-03-59.png (26.85 KiB) Viewed 6473 times
iurirolho

Re: [Potato insert bus] Problem with insert bus audio does not sound clean(has crackling after restart was fine before)

Post by iurirolho »

i tried with another software on the bus and also had problems, I tried with vcv rack and vst host plugin under the same usages and had same issue, I assume here by this is related to the driver problably
iurirolho

Re: [Potato insert bus] Problem with insert bus audio does not sound clean(has crackling after restart was fine before)

Post by iurirolho »

it seems i found the problem ks audio buffer was not high enough set if from 512 to 768 and working now, I wonder why though maybe anyone can shed a light in the mistery
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

problem is not fixed it seems, i still need help
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

Try a more reliable device as your A1 output. I strongly recommend nvidia HDMI or DP outputs if you don't have some kind of pro audio sound card.
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

well my monitors dont have audio plugs I think nor speakers I think so not sure how I can enable nvidia audio driver
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

i also found adding more "buffer" from default to max helps it now I need to find the lowest my devices can go as my monitors don't have a plug and because of that I cant trick nvidia to enable their devices
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

if i posted here a list of devices I have would anybody able to assist me in figuring what one would be more reliable(am willing to disconnect my physical mixer to try it without it in the setup as I have to cables physical ones that connect to it and I don't use its USB much)
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

did a complete re-install(12 reboots, one for each un install and re install) and I managed to get MME to be more stable on 1024 but atm I cant manage to get WDM to do so atm), idk if re installing my soundcard drivers(Realtek) would assist in that, edit mme is not stable still on 1024, had to change to 2048 to get it working proper, if you have an idea of what I can do to maybe get better results just say, I cant atm enable monitor audios as none have a slot to plug things in)
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

iurirolho wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:26 am if i posted here a list of devices I have would anybody able to assist me in figuring what one would be more reliable
That's a good idea :) Fire us the list and I'll arrange them in order of what's likely most reliable.

At the least, your onboard audio card (probably a realtek) should probably be able to keep things working OK with the default buffer sizes. The nvidia one I mentioned is nice if you have the ability to use it, but that's just one example. Really, we just want to use something that is not USB.