Problems handling 5.1 Surround?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
ObamaLlama

Problems handling 5.1 Surround?

Post by ObamaLlama »

Hi everyone, thanks for letting me into the Forum! I've been trying to get my audio setup with Voicemeeter for the past few days, and I think I almost have everything completely ready. I'm mainly just going to be using it to separate my different audio streams, such as from my browser, so that I will have more flexibility with recording.
In saying that, I am running into an issue when I try to do anything with 5.1 Surround. If the audio stream goes anywhere other than the Voicemeeter VAIO, I'll only be able to hear 2 muffled stereo channels. If it goes to the VAIO, it works as expected and I hear everything fine in 5.1 Surround, and I can see all 6 channels being used in Voicemeeter. I have tried using the regular VB cable, as well as VAC. I have configured the Speakers in Windows Sound settings as well, but for some reason VB Cable only lets me select 2 channels on the "Cable Output". In VAC, I have the Speakers configured, and have it set to use 6 channels on the output. If I use VAC's audio repeater to reroute sound from it's cable to my speakers, it works as expected- so that leads me to believe this is an issue with Voicemeeter? Any help would be really appreciated!

Here is a link to some of my Voicemeeter settings, let me know if you need anything else and I'll try my best!
Andres

Re: Problems handling 5.1 Surround?

Post by Andres »

Hi. Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the forum. By design Voicemeeter Hardware Inputs are specified to support mono or stereo audio sources. In comparison, Virtual Inputs support up to 8 audio channels. Selecting CABLE Output at a Hardware Input in Voicemeeter will capture only the first 2 channels (Left and Rigth)

Since Voicemeeter Banana provides you 2 Virtual Inputs your could explore using both of them (VAIO and AUX) to separate audio. Voicemeeter Potato provides 3 Virtual Inputs.

Hope this helps.