Speakers and Headphonees connected as a motherboard at a same time?

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
Echo

Speakers and Headphonees connected as a motherboard at a same time?

Post by Echo »

Hello,
on back of my motherboard I have only connected speakers. I was thinking to permanetly connect 4 meter audio cable extender in maybe microphone input (or some other audio port) to convert it to output so I can connect headphones to it when I watch movies. Is it possible to use Virtual cable (or some other Voicemeeter program) to accomplish that scenario?

I tryed with medium priced audio splitter but I only get audio buzzing and crackling when speakers and headphones are connected at a same time.

This is my motherboard:

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/ro ... ing-model/

MBO Manual:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/S ... V2_WEB.pdf
Andres

Re: Speakers and Headphonees connected as a motherboard at a same time?

Post by Andres »

Hi. Your motherboard includes audio connectors on the back panel and front panel. You should be able to connect speakers to the back panel (green or lime color) and headphones on the front panel. According to the documentation they should work at the same time.

I have never used an audio cable as long as 4 m so I don't know how it would work but you can test.

Hope that helps.
Echo

Post by Echo »

Yes I know I can use it that way, but I was thinking that for watching movie it would be better for esthetic reason if one cable would be permanently connected at a back of motherboard and when I want to watch a movie from bed I connect a headphones to that cable (which is nicely wrapped around my bed) and then if necessary I simple switch in windows sound settings from speakers to headphones.

Solution you described I use when I play some game from chair, using that to watch a movie from bed would be clumsy and cable would be streched all across my room...

To help you visualise it :)
- Green - what I want
- Red - what you suggested
Echo

Post by Echo »

bump

Can my problem be solved with virtual cable program?
Echo

Post by Echo »

BUMP :?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

i'm sorry i'm not sure i understand your question.
if you want to use your mobile phone to get audio of your PC,
you can try VBAN-Receptor Lite with Voicemeeter
Echo

Post by Echo »

Vincent Burel wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:18 pm i'm sorry i'm not sure i understand your question.
if you want to use your mobile phone to get audio of your PC,
you can try VBAN-Receptor Lite with Voicemeeter
I though my question was clear :roll:

I want to have connected headphones and speakers at a back of the motherboard at a same time so I can switch in windows easily between them, I didn't want to plug unplug headphones when I need it.

I solved this by connecting my headphones to monitor audio port and now I can switch in Windows from realtek audio and HDMI monitor options. Everything works great and it is very easy and fast to change the sound output.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, so basically if you want to manage several headset or any other audio devices,
you may use Voicemeeter Banana, which is made for that.
Echo

Post by Echo »

Vincent Burel wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:08 am ok, so basically if you want to manage several headset or any other audio devices,
you may use Voicemeeter Banana, which is made for that.
For now solution with audio port on monitor works perfectly but I will keep in mind as backup solution Voicemeeter Banana program.