Cannot Re-install Voicemeeter !?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Cannot Re-install Voicemeeter !?

Post by Vincent Burel »

First of all, Voicemeeter does not need to be removed in case of problem.
Voicemeeter is a simple Application endowed with an audio device driver, if you don’t use it , there is no way to get trouble.

Voicemeeter is installed in your system disk: C:\Program Files (x86)\VB\Voicemeeter directory
While it's virtual I/O are installed in system directory like other audio driver.

The best way to uninstall Voicemeeter is to use the uninstaller provided in Windows Control Panel / Programs and Features section:
UninstallVoicemeeterByControlPanelProgramAndFeatures.png
UninstallVoicemeeterByControlPanelProgramAndFeatures.png (34.1 KiB) Viewed 51676 times
Reboot after uninstallation!
if you made an uninstallation without REBOOT, re-installing Voicemeeter could not work anymore.

in case of Voicemeeter Installation Error: Failed to copy file(s) to destination folder...
Voicemeeter_fail_install.jpg
Voicemeeter_fail_install.jpg (156.62 KiB) Viewed 49722 times
This error usually occurs when an application is still using Voicemeeter services (VoicemeeterRemote.dll or Our virtual ASIO driver), so the solution is to close all applications that could use Voicemeeter services.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If Voicemeeter Setup Program does not propose you to install, it’s because virtual audio device (or part of them) are still installed or not completely uninstalled. You need to uninstall Voicemeeter Virtual Audio Driver manually by the Windows Procedure:

(1)- Go in system / device manager
(2)- Find any reference to Voicemeeter Audio Device and click on it to uninstall it.
(3)- Check first in Sound Video Game controller section, then after check in audio inputs and outputs section.
(4)- Reboot after each operation.
HowToUninstallAduioDriver.jpg
HowToUninstallAduioDriver.jpg (89.9 KiB) Viewed 281779 times
REM: Start by uninstalling multimedia drivers (not audio I/O)
When the multimedia driver is not present anymore,
You might uninstall remaining Voicemeeter audio i/o if any
Reboot and Repeat the operation until having no more Voicemeeter audio component on your system.

if nothing works and you still can't install Voicemeeter again
Check in Windows Device Manager again! If you uninstall audio I/O only, the controller will reinstall them on next reboot. So you may first uninstall Voicemeeter VAIO device listed in "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" section.

then after reboot, if nothing is present in "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" section. You may unsinstall remaining Voicemeeter I/O in "audio I/O" section.
tehchubbyninja

Re: Cannot Re-install Voicemeeter !?

Post by tehchubbyninja »

So I did all of this and since the Win 10 update, now when I talk into my microphone it sounds like I just inhaled a balloon full of helium. I can't figure out a way to get it to sound normal again. Getting INCREDIBLY frustrated with this.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

for this kind of problem you may read the following topics:

Voicemeeter or Audio problem after WIN10 update.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=442

Voicemeeter generates static or makes a robot sound.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=451
BangDroid

Post by BangDroid »

tehchubbyninja wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 pm So I did all of this and since the Win 10 update, now when I talk into my microphone it sounds like I just inhaled a balloon full of helium. I can't figure out a way to get it to sound normal again. Getting INCREDIBLY frustrated with this.
I know this is somewhat necro'ing this post and this has been posted elsewhere but, I hope it helps someone. Make sure ALL your devices in Windows are all configured to the same bit depth and sample rate. If for me personally with my audio interfaces, 16 bit/48KHz works best. So in my case I make sure every single device in Windows Sound Settings (control panel version) on both the Playback and Recording tabs all have all their properties configured to 16 bit/48KHz, 2 channel.
Whatever your preferred bit depth and sample rate, make sure every device matches.
Now, which bit depth and sample rate to use is a whole other conversation!
Phil0671

Post by Phil0671 »

Hi everyone,

i have reinstalled Voicemeter Potato, but it shows the Banana preset insteed.

Any idea?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Potato package installs all voicemeeter version:
- Voicemeeter Standard
- Voicemeeter Banana
- Voicemeeter Potato

it's up to you to launch the application you want.

video tutorial: https://youtu.be/qM3-hTEyo7A