Incoming Streams - None

VB-Audio Network Protocol and applications
sjc-or

Re: Incoming Streams - None

Post by sjc-or »

OK, I'm not sure if this tells us anything or not but this is the QOS on 134 (the one with no incoming green bar showing).
QOS-134.PNG
QOS-134.PNG (22.8 KiB) Viewed 23510 times
And the one with 136 (which is working)

QOS-136.PNG
QOS-136.PNG (20.33 KiB) Viewed 23510 times
I noticed a high second number on VBAN incoming streams on 134 Steam #6. Much higher than the numbers oon stream 1 of 136.

I also looked at wireshark UDP packets with port 6980 and it looked like everything aligned with the documentation on VBAN (but I'm no expert). If you want me to post a capture log, I can do that.

I also de-installed and re-installed VM on 134. Do you think there could be a corrupt registry entry there?

I also connected another computer 154 for testing and I could talk both ways with 136 but I could only receive from 134 and not send so the issue is definitely on 134. I also did a network reset on 134. The problem persists.

Steve
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

no, there is a problem with something related to your network on PC 134

QOS data are interesting to check error frequency coming on running stream...

but while the VBAN will display 'no stream detected', it means we have a problem on network level...

if wireshark see incoming VBAN packet (possibly a hundred packet per second), it means your PC is receiving the VBAN Stream, but not the Voicemeeter application, then it could mean the problem is around firewall/antivirus/networkquota/privacy settings... i don't know.
sjc-or

Re: Incoming Streams - None (Solved)

Post by sjc-or »

Ah, at long last I think I found the problem.

I use McAfee Firewall which I turned off. Normally when installing McAfee firewall, it disables Windows Defender Firewall. Somewhere along the lines, Windows Defender Firewall was also turned on so when I disabled McaFee firewall, I still has Windows Defineder Firewall running and nothing worked. After manually disabling Windows Defender firewall and leaving McAfee firewall enabled, everything started working.

I'm not sure why and how Windows Defender firewall was enabled. Perhaps during an automatic WIndows update.

Steve
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

This thread is a very good illustration of how it's not possible to keep a computer working with automatic update.

The fact is, Since Win10 , you don't know if you will be allowed to work when you switch ON your computer.
sjc-or

Post by sjc-or »

Thanks for all of your help and involvement, Vincent! Your initial response was actually the answer. I just didn't realize I had two separate firewalls running at the same time.

Steve