Prob solved: Possible incompatibility with Intel Smart Sound Technology drivers and Zoom shared audio

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
parksanim

Prob solved: Possible incompatibility with Intel Smart Sound Technology drivers and Zoom shared audio

Post by parksanim »

I joined here to make others aware of an issue my brand new Asus 11th Gen Intel I5 notebook computer seemed to have with Zoom, when using VB-Cables, thanks to something Intel has added called, "Intel Smart Sound Technology."

I have purchased the 2 cables from VB-Audio, and there were no issues using them on my home computer -- a 10th Gen Intel CPU desktop computer with Gigabyte mainboard, which built myself. On my new 11th Gen Intel processor notebook, however, I encountered an annoying issue where my microphone would echo, but only when sharing in Zoom, if I was using the VB cables (or even 1 free cable, as part of Voicemeeter Banana). I should note that I also encountered this problem if I tried simply using 1 cable with OBS Studio, and not using Voicemeeter Banana. This problem does not occur in Zoom shared audio through normal use -- it only happens when using the free or paid virtual audio cables.

A sample of the problem can be seen here: https://youtu.be/l25b4H7K3wA

After several weekends/hours of trying to overcome the echo in my Zoom shared audio, I determined that the culprit was something called Intel Smart Sound Technology, which was part of Device Manager. Removing this (and disabling one which I could not remove) has solved my problem.

So if anyone else runs into this issue, and is pulling their hair out trying to figure why their mic audio only echoes when sharing in Zoom (but it's fine when not sharing), please try removing the Intel Smart Sound Technology drivers. I'm not sure if they are in conflict with VB Cables, or there is a bug, or if they don't like the MyAsus computer software (which also weaves its way through my Windows).
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Prob solved: Possible incompatibility with Intel Smart Sound Technology drivers and Zoom shared audio

Post by Vincent Burel »

Thanks for reporting!