Potato Burned me, Can't trust it

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Potato Burned me, Can't trust it

Post by Vincent Burel »

MartyATS wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:54 pm However you as the developer can definitively describe the problem.
and this is what i do regularly, since years...
MartyATS

Post by MartyATS »

How many Voicemeeter users are there? Imagine if they had 1000 people complaining about the same problem, all at the same time?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Well there is millions of Voicemeeter users, but you may understand that Microsoft are already receiving thousands requests about audio problem after windows update (not involving Voicemeeter particularly). You will find thousands of requests or bug reports on google (on any kind of forum, including Microsoft forum): search for "audio problem after windows 10 update" or "sound not working after windows 11 update"

The question is, who at Microsoft will take the responsibility to change something in such system component, developed before the year 2000.
As far as i know, Microsoft fixed nothing regarding audio stream stability since 1995. i'mean we have today the same problems than 25 years ago (not only on driver re-installation, but audio disturbed by video driver activity, or audio disturbed by background process or memory allocation overload by other process... basically the audio stream is not protected in term or CPU priority and in term or address space).

And 25 years ago, a company called Steinberg made an alternative audio driver called ASIO because Microsoft Audio architecture was not reliable enough and not made to manage multi channel audio device correctly. The new Microsoft audio driver example made for WIN10 includes an internal clock example totally wrong, just designed to produce what they call "audio glitch"... and instead of correcting the clock, they made a "glitch" detector :-) i've explained that to Microsoft SYSVAD developers in 2018 here on GitHub:
https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-dr ... issues/255

As you can see, there is no reply or any comment...