VoicemeeterPro Setup Package Installation and VB-Cable

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
GCG

VoicemeeterPro Setup Package Installation and VB-Cable

Post by GCG »

Hello!

Installing the VoicemeeterPro Setup Package (Version 2.0.6.2) also installs VB-Cable, or does it have to be separately downloaded and installed?

I ask this because I just downloaded and installed the VoicemeeterPro Setup Package in Windows 10, and although I can't see the virtual audio cable installed, I can see its files ("VBCABLE_Setup_x64.exe", etc.) in "C:\Program Files (x86)\VB\Voicemeeter". I can also see some VB-Cable related files in "C:\Program Files\VB\CABLEVM" and "C:\Program Files\VB\CABLEVMAUX" (3 files in each folder).

If VB-Cable has to be manually installed, in spite of what I just described above, should it be installed running "VBCABLE_Setup_x64.exe" from "C:\Program Files (x86)\VB\Voicemeeter", or does it require to be separately downloaded and installed on its own?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VoicemeeterPro Setup Package Installation and VB-Cable

Post by Vincent Burel »

Voicemeeter package installs 1,2 or 3 virtual audio cable used as virtual I/O (VAIO) for Voicemeeter virtual inputs and virtual output BUS.
these virtual audio cable are independent from VB-CABLEs (which are other virtual audio cable).

you may not use directly VBCABLE files included in Voicemeeter package, these are managed by the Voicemeeter installer only.
GCG

Re: VoicemeeterPro Setup Package Installation and VB-Cable

Post by GCG »

Thanks for your reply. I just wanted to make sure I was not unnecessarily bogging down my computer by downloading and installing things that may had been there already.

I'll proceed to download and install VB-Cable then 👍