VBAN Connection possible for Chat but not for Sound

VB-Audio Network Protocol and applications
montafon

VBAN Connection possible for Chat but not for Sound

Post by montafon »

Hi,

we have two Win10 PCs in our company network. The UDP 6980 are open on the company firewall as well as the PC's windows defender firewall.

I send the sound stream from one PC via VBAN to to other PC. I can see "Incoming Stream": 1 detected as well as the blue "Information" field. I can also chat with the other PCs. But what is missing is the sound stream. The sending PC has the green box next to the IP address, the receiving PC is missing.

I I try testwise to loop within the same PC (send to and receive by from same PC) then it works finde.

We try around now for some days but cannot find the issue. It seems that there is some kind of a connection (Chat, Stream detected) but no sound information is transmitted. Any idea?
montafon

Re: VBAN Connection possible for Chat but not for Sound

Post by montafon »

today I am working from home. Interestingly I have no IP address at all in the VBAN setting here. I have no active VPN connection or remote desktop service. At home I am connection throuhgh WiFi and cmd/ipconfig shows 192.168.1.56 address. But - as said before - VLAN shows nothing.

The company's IT department says UDP 6980 is open on the PCs firewall as well as the company firewall. Is there anything else that needs to be open (in defender or similar)?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VBAN Connection possible for Chat but not for Sound

Post by Vincent Burel »

1- be sure to have selected the incoming stream on the receiver PC (right click on stream name field to get the list of incoming stream).
2- be sure to have well configured your windows firewall on both PC for Voicemeeter.

if the problem remains, please post a screenshot of your VBAN Dialog box to let us see your configuration.