Any experience feeding VM's B1 output to TotalRecorder?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
LTEAK

Any experience feeding VM's B1 output to TotalRecorder?

Post by LTEAK »

Does anyone here have experience with feeding B1 output form VoiceMeeter (Banana, if it matters) to TotalRecorder, for purposes of recording a session?

I'm new to VM, and having everything running well except TotalRecorder (though for a moment appearing to work) throws error messages and locks up when being fed output from B1.

The problem may be that TotalRecorder has its own virtual drivers. I hope there is a work-around because I really like TotalRecorder's small, concise recording session user interface (have been using it for years).

The error message is: Unexpected multimedia error 1 in the "mixerSetControlDetails(10,[4x],..._VALUE)" function (Undefined external error.)

(Ref: http://www.totalrecorder.com/)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Any experience feeding VM's B1 output to TotalRecorder?

Post by Vincent Burel »

Never heard about this tool before and the error you mentioned seems to come from your software application,
So, you may ask to the TotalRecorder support instead.
LTEAK

Post by LTEAK »

Thanks for your help Vincent.

I have stumbled on the correct settings in TotalRecorder that allow it to work in VoiceMeeter, as shown in the attached graphic (showing the old and the correct settings).

Tech support at TotalRecorder pointed out to me that also the record volume slider in TotalRecorder must not be touched when it is running from VoiceMeeter output, or it will crash. I have found this to be the case, but that's OK because with VM's faders I don't need to use that.
Attachments
Correct TotalRecorder settings for us in VoiceMeeter.png
Correct TotalRecorder settings for us in VoiceMeeter.png (212.64 KiB) Viewed 2566 times
LTEAK

Post by LTEAK »

To finish out this topic, for anyone interested in using TotalRecorder with VoiceMeeter, here is the solution I found. It works quite well.

I have used TR for years and like its simple, clean interface for recording (the displays are quite small) while I am on calls or zoom. The 'View' menu allows some features of the GUI to toggled on or off. The problem on the left is that clicking the level slider crashed TR when used with VoiceMeeter (left screen shot). In the right screenshot I have turned that row off, and in this configuration TR is stable.

In doing this I lose the stereo level meter on that row, but there still is a progress line showing the overall level of the two channels combined (although the recording is still in stereo). Importantly for me, I still have the time count in the upper right of the blue pane.
Attachments
Two 'view' setups for TotalRecorder.png
Two 'view' setups for TotalRecorder.png (108.51 KiB) Viewed 2502 times