Windows 10 - feedback on Stereo Mix, VB-Audio solution?

VB-Cable A & B, HIFI-Cable, ASIO Bridge
cogitate

Windows 10 - feedback on Stereo Mix, VB-Audio solution?

Post by cogitate »

I have a situation where a Dell PC had built in Stereo Mix capabilities and was working fine for live streaming with the ability to play audio on the local PC and "listen to" that music while getting input from house audio via the MIC input without issue.

The sound portion of the MB failed, MB replaced by Dell and the new MB, while showing Stereo Mix causes a complete disaster of a feedback loop.

So we bought an external Creative Labs SB which has the equivalent mixing option they call "What U Hear". Zero joy on solving the feedback issue.

Will VB-Audio somehow help me with this issue? Can I still send out local audio (e.g. music track for a performer and then the mic captures both the music and the singer fed back into the machine and allows us to livestream that mixed audio?) If so, what would I need to set VB-Audio input/outputs to in the following diagram? I've tried a few things with the free VB-A but maybe I need multiple devices to make this work? Or wrong scenario for VB-A to change anything?

Slide1.JPG
Slide1.JPG (68.13 KiB) Viewed 7780 times
stoepie

Re: Windows 10 - feedback on Stereo Mix, VB-Audio solution?

Post by stoepie »

'Listening' to an input is often a windows default.

Disable that on your MB and it should be ok again. It's in the "Sound Control Panel" in windows.